HELP WITH THIS JOURNEY...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hester215

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wassup everyone let me start off saying i have a huge interest in medicine and just feel at home mentally and physically when helping someone in need of physical care. I am currently attending community college of Philadelphia in the dual admission for Temple University. I am currently at 47 credits potentially graduating this semester. My problem start from last semester I got a D for the first time ever in a science course (College Chem) i am taking it over now, i only took A&P 1 & 2 receiving an A both courses. Only math I took was 118 (intermediate). my gpa is 3.0; Have yet to do any volunteer work or research or practice MCAT...I am feeling very discouraged because I am not at Temple yet and I just want to know am I "still in the running" to becoming a medical student?

p.s. All advice are appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone's still in the running. Get your GPA up, kill the MCAT, get some solid EC's under your belt and you'll be fine.

Your first priority is to keep your GPA high. Don't distract yourself with ECs until you've solidified your strategies for earning consistently good grades. There is no rule that you must apply to med school after the third or fourth college year. Rather, apply when your application is the best it can be.

And keep in mind that DO med schools outside of Texas only count the most recent grade if you retake when they calculate your application GPAs, which means that D would no longer drag down your numbers.