Help with Verbal, particularly analogies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Swenis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got my Kaplan book and have been starting to work on the verbal section. As I've noticed, however, it has been way too long since I've ever done these analogies. Is there are good, recommended material out there that will help me expand my vocabulary for these subjects?

Members don't see this ad.

Swenis said:
Hey guys, I just got my Kaplan book and have been starting to work on the verbal section. As I've noticed, however, it has been way too long since I've ever done these analogies. Is there are good, recommended material out there that will help me expand my vocabulary for these subjects?
I'd look into the GRE review book. I noticed that many of the analogies were on a similar difficulty level. Dont get too work'd up on this section. I thought it was suspiciously easy...but my experience may not be universal (got 95% or 97% in that section...I dont have the results in front of me). And If youre not a "reader", become one. Time, Scientific American, Popular Science, National Geographic (very wordy and sci-related articles)...and the ilk. That will also definitely help in the Reading section (90+ score here as well) Good luck :thumbup:

Look on the web for GRE and SAT analogies.
Do them a lot.