Help with VMCAS courses entry!

Started by mbee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mbee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, so here's my problem: I have transfer credits from another college, where I took 14 credits (only 13 transferred). I sent all my transcripts in to the vet schools, and filled out all the courses on the VMCAS, however, I don't know if I should fill in the transfer courses as they appear from my first college or as they appear on my current transcript from my primary school (different codes/numbers). If I do fill the courses in as they currently appear on my transcript, then I don't have a grade for them... so do I put "NA"??
I'm so confused!! 😕

Thanks 😳
 
I'd put them in as they appeared on the transcript from the institution you recieved them at (IE, I took physics from place A, not my undergraduate school B. Iput the classes in VMCAS as they appeared from the physics-specific place A)
 
I took several courses at another school during 1 summer (I think 16 or 17 credit hours). When I asked what I should do, I was told to put them as under the undergrad institution I got my degree at because technically they are classes for that degree. And the undergrad institution had already accepted those grades/classes even though they don't show on their transcript. However, you do need to make sure you send both transcripts because of the issue with the grades.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let me know.