HELP...withdrawn from match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roshno

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys....i need some advice.....i just got my results from the Step 2Ck and i failed :( and i got an email from NRMP saying that i have been withdrawn fro the mtach since i dont meet the criteria...so my question is that...is there any thig i can do :confused:

I was thinking of calling the program that i was gointo match and tell them i fail and if they would keep a positon for me if all the positons are not filled via the match...is that a good idea because they called me to let me know that i am atthe top of their list.....
:confused: please help...any advice would be appreciated..thanks

Members don't see this ad.

They can withdraw you from the match because you failed CK? I did not know that. Are you and FMG? Does the same rule apply for Americans? What residency are u applying for? I would call the program and tell them your situation.

Are you a US student or not? IF so.. talk to the dean office... if not... then you might have to sit a year, unless you can take it fast enough in time and also catch a position that suddenly got unfilled (very very unlikely).

They can withdraw you from the match because you failed CK? I did not know that. Are you and FMG? Does the same rule apply for Americans? What residency are u applying for? I would call the program and tell them your situation.

His/Her english seems that FMG status is likely.
And since that is the only way someone can be withdrawn from the match (ie, no ECFMG cert), then yes, they are an FMG.

hey guys....i need some advice.....i just got my results from the Step 2Ck and i failed :( and i got an email from NRMP saying that i have been withdrawn fro the mtach since i dont meet the criteria...so my question is that...is there any thig i can do :confused:

I was thinking of calling the program that i was gointo match and tell them i fail and if they would keep a positon for me if all the positons are not filled via the match...is that a good idea because they called me to let me know that i am atthe top of their list.....

I am sorry this happened to you...

They can withdraw you from the match because you failed CK? I did not know that. Are you and FMG? Does the same rule apply for Americans?

Passing Steps 1, 2CS and 2CK BEFORE match is a requirement for FMGs. It's not required for AMGs.

If you have not passed all of the above, NRMP will automatically remove you after you submit your ROL and you are not allowed to participate in the match.

roshno
When did you receive the email? Curious to see if I can figure out when they ran the match?

When did you receive the email? Curious to see if I can figure out when they ran the match?

How does that relate? They ran it between Feb. 21st and March 12th. That's the only thing that really matters. The timing of that email and when they officially ran the match probably do not correlate anyway.

How does that relate? They ran it between Feb. 21st and March 12th. That's the only thing that really matters. The timing of that email and when they officially ran the match probably do not correlate anyway.

It's quite possible they already ran it, but won't release the results until March 12th.
That's all. Just my curiosity.

His/Her english seems that FMG status is likely.
And since that is the only way someone can be withdrawn from the match (ie, no ECFMG cert), then yes, they are an FMG.

Maybe you should work on your grammar. I've seen lots of bad grammar on this site from both AMGs and FMGs. Please don't stereotype.

Maybe you should work on your grammar. I've seen lots of bad grammar on this site from both AMGs and FMGs. Please don't stereotype.

Yawn. Make people not give stereotypes and I'll stop using them.

Are you serious?

Your user name is BALLZ, and you're going to post something like this? Good God in heaven, what the hell is wrong with you?

Without passing all the exams required for ECFMG certification, I don't think you'd be able to negotiate anything. Your best bet at this point is to conjure up a new study plan for the CK, take it when you are ready, and then look for any post-scramble/off-cycle positions. If nothing opens up, then apply for next year's match...only about 6 months to go! Best wishes.

Are you serious?

Your user name is BALLZ, and you're going to post something like this? Good God in heaven, what the hell is wrong with you?

I love this site :D

B"H

Hi, Roshno, first of all congratulations, if a program called you to say that you were on top of their list, being a FMG, you must have had an outstanding interview. :thumbup: So do NOT be sad! Things like that happen in life all the time. Even people who have great board scores blabla, and match, after a couple of years they might get sued , or their parents die, or they can't have children, or get divorced...and then their world collapses as well. Put things in perspective: this is NOT the worst thing in life, ok? Chin up. Wait a couple of days and yes, by all means call them and explain the situation, perhaps they wont fill all the spots.

Now, although this site is truly great regarding residency issues, I strongly suggest you visit another site called valuemd.com. Basically everybody there is an IMG or FMG so they might have a better insight on your situation. I posted the same question here and there and the answers were so different! Also ask Dr. Cox and the other moderators for advice, they are great people.

All the Best,
R.C.

Are you serious?

:laugh: :laugh:
Ballz disappears

Look, all I am saying is that this site is somewhat useful to people but it would be much more useful if people would refrain from making unnecessary comments about someone's post/question. And, yes, I am aware that my jumping on your post makes this comment hypocritical, but I'm tired of reading all of these stupid aside comments when people could just write normal, polite replies instead of taking digs at those who ask legitimate questions.

Look, all I am saying is that this site is somewhat useful to people but it would be much more useful if people would refrain from making unnecessary comments about someone's post/question. And, yes, I am aware that my jumping on your post makes this comment hypocritical, but I'm tired of reading all of these stupid aside comments when people could just write normal, polite replies instead of taking digs at those who ask legitimate questions.

Ok, my polite reply would be for them to search, since this question has been asked at least 4 times this month.