Help would be much appreciated !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

D_apprentice

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It has been my long lasting goal to become a dentist but after doing some math and thinking it became painfully clear that is not going to be possible. It is not because I'm an idiot to be sincere, it is because i was stupid enough to let my GPA fall so low that it is difficult to raise it. Im majoring in Biology and I'm looking for another alternative in the medical field that would make a decent living. If it is not to much to ask please list the ones that you know . I could get my GPA to 3.1 with a lot of work but it is doable so do list careers that would be around that range. I did a lot of research to be honest but I could not find reliable information. Also my career adviser is always "busy" and is not much help either . I do trust more people on this forum than him regardless.

Members don't see this ad.

"When you want something so bad, nothing is impossible"..remember that!

How badly do you want to be a dentist? A lot? Great! Then you got some work to do (we all do haha). Yeah it's a lot of work, especially if you got to raise your gpa, but if thats what you WANT to do, then it's worth it right?

Don't try to find another career if it's not gonna make you happy, or that it'll be an alternative. You'll regret it! If dentistry is what you want, then go get it!

Everyone struggles (it's part of life), but knowing how to bounce back and excel is what makes you stand out.

Sure, I may sound a little more optimistic than others, but being optimistic while being realistic is what makes you go far. You can become a dentist, just like anyone else on this forum. Post-bacc, master's, SMP, dental assistant...whatever you gotta do!

Remember, find something you love, and do everything to get there!