Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BandGeek

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about my upcoming Stanford interview. Is it possible to save money and stay at the SLGH and use the shuttle to get to the medical center on time? Also, what is the best way to get from the airport to Stanford? I am coming in on a late flight (after 9PM PST, possibly as late as 12:00AM).

Members don't see this ad.

Public Transportation anytime past 9 PM is very unreliable in the Bay Area. If you are flying into either SFO or SJC, I would recommend South and East Bay Shuttle (408-225-4444 / 800-548-4664) to get to Stanford. I belive it is $22 from SFO and $15 from SJC.

As far as housing goes, the SLAC guest housing is probably the most economical method other than staying with a student. It sucks that Stanford MSTP doesnt organize any such student housing. The Marguerite shuttle leaves from SLAC and eventually gets to the Medical center; it may take a while so plan ahead early.

if anyone ever needs housing for a couple nights at Stanford, i live on campus (close to the med center) and have an extra couch in my room. PM me if you can find cheap housing. I've already housed three interviewees because the Stanford MSTP is so disorganized.