GRE Help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CogSciPhilosophyGuy

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi. I am a senior undergraduate psychology/neuroscience major. Currently I am prepping to take the GRE for a second time. I'm wondering if anyone out there has some solid advice for ways to improve quantitative score. For some reason, I can't seem to get my quant score above the 154-156 range, regardless of how much I study (I've spent months prepping). Yet, I have excelled in every college math course I've taken (at or near the top of my class and approaching 100%). It's just something about the way the problems are presented that does not compute in my brain. I'm trying to get into a top ranked cognitive science/psychology/neuroscience program and my verbal scores are good (165). If anyone has any ideas for how I can hike my score up in a month, I would appreciate the feedback. I've read that some people are formula people and some people are shortcut people--I am definitely more of a formula person. That is, if I know the formula of the equation I'm trying to solve, I have no issues. But when it comes to deciphering what to do from a convoluted math problem designed to trick test takers, I get lost. HELP!!! Thank you all!!