HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kjpatel10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have submitted your applications for this cycle, how long did transcript verification take, after the transcripts were sent from undergrad colleges? I just sent in a request to my college on Thursday, and it still hasn't been mailed yet, and I've heard that the entire verification process can take 4-6 weeks :(.

I wanted to send in my applications by the end of August, but now I'm freaking out because I may not be able to do that.

Also, what is considered "applying late?" Is it around November/December, or even earlier than that? Sorry for all the questions, I have my exam in 2 weeks, and this added stress isn't helping

Members don't see this ad.

You can submit your application before transcripts arrive, and then it will be complete once they receive everything. The transcripts for me was definitely the longest part of the process. All schools are different, but I was told that if you submit by October it's still considered "early" by the OSU admission rep. I submitted late August and took my OAT September 5th. I started receiving supplementals late Septemer, and my latest interview was December 5th (it could have been November but I had to do it later because the only option was the day before my wedding, and then Thanksgiving break.)
Don't stress!
Also feel free to message me and I can give you more details on the timeline for my process. :)

For those of you who have submitted your applications for this cycle, how long did transcript verification take, after the transcripts were sent from undergrad colleges? I just sent in a request to my college on Thursday, and it still hasn't been mailed yet, and I've heard that the entire verification process can take 4-6 weeks :(.

I wanted to send in my applications by the end of August, but now I'm freaking out because I may not be able to do that.

Also, what is considered "applying late?" Is it around November/December, or even earlier than that? Sorry for all the questions, I have my exam in 2 weeks, and this added stress isn't helping

I submitted 07/17 was verified 08/13. About a month... Except I had a few issues with my transcripts not popping up on my program status. But that is true, I would expect 4-6 weeks at the worst so plan accordingly.

You can submit your application before transcripts arrive, and then it will be complete once they receive everything. The transcripts for me was definitely the longest part of the process. All schools are different, but I was told that if you submit by October it's still considered "early" by the OSU admission rep. I submitted late August and took my OAT September 5th. I started receiving supplementals late Septemer, and my latest interview was December 5th (it could have been November but I had to do it later because the only option was the day before my wedding, and then Thanksgiving break.)
Don't stress!
Also feel free to message me and I can give you more details on the timeline for my process. :)

@roush137 thanks!! I'm just scared that if I submit without my transcripts, they'll put aside my application! I'd really like for everything to be complete when I submit just for my sake, but I guess if transcript verification takes to long, I'll have to submit before than. I hope that doesn't hurt my chances too much! (my GPA is already pretty low)