Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmgirl11111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was at a university and did okay for my first semester in college. The next year was rough I ended up having to work not speaking to my family a lot of personal issues trying to provide on campus and did terrible my next semester gpa less than 1.0 next semester I rushed a sorority and was doing better then things went worse with my family and my grades went terrible again gpa less than 1.0 I got out on academic suspension. I failed classes both semesters only 2 being pre read for pharmacy school chem1 and biology 2 I passed biology 1 great. I transferred to a community college and did great the next semester gpa way over 3.0 I plan to take my pcat this summer as well as retake my chem 1 and biology 2 pre requisites here at the community college. I have been studying and am feeling very confident about my pcat. I want to apply for pharmacy school for the next fall upcoming school year since you only need your pre-read for admission. Should I stay at the community college or go back to a 4year? If I do good on my pcat and retake these 2 classes plus do good on the rest of my pre-read do I still have a chance?

Members don't see this ad.

You need to look at the admissions requirements of the specific universities you're applying to, and see if they accept courses from community colleges. If you're not sure, email them.

Do you have experience working or volunteering in a pharmacy?

You need to look at the admissions requirements of the specific universities you're applying to, and see if they accept courses from community colleges. If you're not sure, email them.

Do you have experience working or volunteering in a pharmacy?
I'm applying to schools in North Carolina and they do take courses there

Then you should stay in community college where you know you'll get good grades.

And you should get a job in a pharmacy if you haven't got one already.