HELP!! :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dentaldreams2021

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys,

I need some major help/advice! I was scheduled to take my DAT yesterday in a different state than the one in which I live, and I made the mistake of bringing insufficient ID 🙁 I should've read the ID requirement part in the email I was sent more closely, but I was too caught up in studying. I deeply regret this.

Anyways, so I didn't have 2 acceptable signed IDs, and therefore I was not allowed to test. If I lived closeby I would've gone home quickly and obtained another ID. It was a waste of ~$580 total ($430 plus what I had paid to reschedule before)...but I'm willing to forget about the money as long as from here on out I can still take the DAT asap and not have this affect the timing of my application 🙁 this was to be my first attempt. And I was so shattered because I was ready.

In the DAT eligibility email I got, it said I was eligible to take the DAT once between January 2016 and July 25, 2016. I called ADA and they told me since it was counted as a no-show I can apply to retest and not wait 90 days. So I don't think I can use the same eligibility ID/confirmation number; I think I have to submit a new testing application with my DENTPIN and have them approve it. My question to you guys is: How soon can I fill out a new application to test? Have any of you guys been in this situation? Can I apply the very next day?

Also, say I was trying to sign up for the DAT on July 29th. Realistically, is it possible to sign up for July 30th, or a few days later, or a week later. Would Prometric let me do that?

If anyone could share their experiences/advice I would greatly appreciate that. Thank you so much!