Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

this_afreekan

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I graduate college in December. I have a D in chemistry 2. I honestly should've retaken it over the summer, but I was taking micro. I shrugged it off, thinking I would just do it after I graduate and replace the D. An advisor just told me that after you graduate that grades cannot be replaced. So i'm feeling crappy. I cannot afford to stay another semester at my university, and I have a free semester left at my local CC, so i had planned to take it there. It is the same concepts and same credit hours, just different professors at different schools. My GPA went from a 3.4 to a 3.0 after a bout of depression last year, but I've brought it up to a 3.14 and this semester I'm doing super well. Im rambling but what should I do, should I just go the nursing route or is there anyway to replace my D? Literally that D is the only thing keeping me from applying to PA school.
 
So I graduate college in December. I have a D in chemistry 2. I honestly should've retaken it over the summer, but I was taking micro. I shrugged it off, thinking I would just do it after I graduate and replace the D. An advisor just told me that after you graduate that grades cannot be replaced. So i'm feeling crappy. I cannot afford to stay another semester at my university, and I have a free semester left at my local CC, so i had planned to take it there. It is the same concepts and same credit hours, just different professors at different schools. My GPA went from a 3.4 to a 3.0 after a bout of depression last year, but I've brought it up to a 3.14 and this semester I'm doing super well. Im rambling but what should I do, should I just go the nursing route or is there anyway to replace my D? Literally that D is the only thing keeping me from applying to PA school.

You need to get your GPA as close to a 3.5 as possible. With your gpa I’m assuming you have other C’s at the least?
 
Have you taken OChem? I assume with the D in chem 1, probably not. Schools in Texas require you to have at least made a C in chem 1&2 to continue onto OChem. Not sure how it works in other states. So yeah, you need to retake chem and if it’s a struggle, you may be better off going to nursing school and then working towards NP, if you want “more”.