Help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rain55

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had recently interviewed at CCOM and OUCOM and was accepted to both. I really liked both schools and am having difficulty deciding on which to attend. Any information regarding either of the schools is greatly appreciated. Which school would better prepare me to enter into a competetive residency like surgery or ophthalmology.
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on getting into those two med schools.. at least you're past the most difficult part! Although I don't know too much about OUCOM and CCOM, I was wondering how you stand with the two schools geographically and where you are currently located? Is it close to your home? I just thought I might throw these quick questions out so others could hopefully help provide some input.

Just a few thoughts, although I am not an expert on those schools either. Can you ask each school their avg. board scores from the past year? I have never been to Oklahoma, but I am assuming that there are some good surgery residencies, etc. in the Chicago area. If you happen to do some of your 3rd and 4th year clerkships at a hospital with those residencies you desire, maybe that would help. Regardless, I would ask where you do the majority of your clerkships your 3rd and 4th year. Receiving good training at the schools' associated teaching facilities/hospitals might help your chances, or in the very least give you a better medical education. Also, a very important question to ask yourself is, "Where would I be happier living for the next four years?" Just some thoughts....

Members don't see this ad :)
OUCOM? Isn't that Ohio? Didn't that school require you to practice there for five years if you were from out of state? No way, man. Take CCOM. If I'm wrong, then go for OUCOM, since the doctor that wrote me my letter of rec went there, and he's a superb cat.

------------------
--
KidT
[email protected]

Oops! OUCOM is Ohio, not Oklahoma......Sorry. Anyway, my advice still stands regardless.....