HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nasko

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear colleague,

I am twenty five years old doctor from Bulgaria.I have lived whole my live here but for the last few years the economic situation became very difficult and it is very, very unbearable for the young people like me to live here.
I have studied whole my life, I speak four languages, graduated Mathematical High School with honours, after that the Medical University, I have worked almost four years as a doctor ?volunteer (while I was a student) in the biggest Emergency Institute in Sofia, and from the January 1999 I began a specialization in Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery. I am doing it very well accordind to my boss and the other senior colleagues but I feel myself not at a right place. I feel that I have much potential for work and studying and if I stay here it will fall down. I was prompted to write such a request and for the reason that my place in the hospital was shortened in the beginning of the year and I have to pay for my specialization without taking a salary. I began to work at a second place in my ?free time? to collect the money for the fee and for living. Because of that my time for studying became so limited and I feel that I am loosing control over my life.
I have the possibility to participate in specialized AO/ASIF group course in osteosynthesys last monthe in Sofia and except I obtained a diploma, Prof. Muhr from Germany gave me the price for best work in practical exercises.
So I decided to turn to you for help and to ask you if it is possible to begin or to prolong my specialization in American hospital.If you have heart about some courses,residentships or something which can help me , please tell me. Of course I will do everything I have (even to sell my apartment here) and give my best . I know that it sounds very inhumility but I am serious person whose life is passed in work and learning. I can send letters of my proffessors if you want. Please help me. I leave my life in your hands and will be very grateful if you can help me, give me advice or tell to someone who can help me.

Sincerely yours
biggrin.gif
r. Atanas Katzarov

My mail-address is: Dr. A.Katzarov
Tzar Samuil, str. 109
Sofia 1000
BULGARIA
Fax: 00 359 2 986 72 38
e-mail : [email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck. Take your USMLE, score in the upper 90s' percentile on both step I and II, AND get ready to do one or more years of preliminary surgery. If you are lucky, you may be able to get an ortho spot.

Don't forget, are you going to have a green card? If not, may be it's better for you to stay in Bulgaria than waste your time and education. Remember, your country need doctors too.

Hey bud,
If this guy takes step 1&2 and rocks them ( Upper 90%) on both, he will get ortho. CMC took an FMG this year in their ortho dept with similar scores without doing years upon years of prelim surg. This kid was fresh out of school. He went to Ross. So, it can be done! Positive man, think positive!

Thank you
do you know if it is possible for me to prolong my specialization in ortho in american hospital?