Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilon09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am a re-applicant. My AMCAS application JUST got verified and I guess I am just wondering what everyone's take is on where I am sitting within the applicant pool? I know that its rolling admissions and people have been applying since June, but I am just hoping that my chances are not incredibly bleak!

I am waiting for my MCAT results (I took the Sept 11th mcat so I should be getting them by October 15th...which is again late I know, but there isn't really a lot I can do about it obviously). I have everything else lined up and ready to go (LOR's, etc) so I know that I can get things submitted quickly once things start rolling.

What do you guys think? Thanks for your input. Good luck everyone!

Nobody can help you if you don't tell us more about your application! All we know is that you took the MCAT on Sept. 11th, you were verified recently and you are a reapplicant! What can we say about that? :confused:

Not trying to be harsh, but you need to ask more specific questions. Are you worried about applying late?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't be terribly worried if I were you. Your BCMP and AO GPAs are very good and I assume you're applying wide enough to cover all your bases. Assuming you get a good MCAT score, you could be exactly the reason that schools have put applicants on "Screening Hold." They're waiting to see if a candidate like you is still out there somewhere. An interview in November or December will still get you an outright acceptance at many places and not just automatic relegation to the wait list. I wouldn't freak out just yet.

Last edited:
Sorry about that. I am a reapplicant who took the MCAT on Sept 11th. AMCAS just verified me on Sept. 19th. My Science GPA is 3.6 and All Other is 3.98. I have received secondaries from several schools and have been filling them out/submitting ASAP. However, I don't think they will review my application until I get my MCAT scores in October right?

I am INCREDIBLY worried about applying so late in the game and about my chances.

OK, that's better :D I think you're in good shape! Your GPA is excellent! Just keep busy filling out secondaries. Schools will wait to review your file until your score comes in, but at least you will have everything ready to go come October 13th. :)

Good luck :luck: