Help!!

Started by haque20
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

haque20

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi i really need some help studying for the PCATS. I am planning to take the test on April 2008 and need to start studying now. but i dont know how to get started🙁....would really appreciate if someone could guide me through plz...thanks a lot!!!!
 
What are your weakest areas? If you aren't sure, buy a practice PCAT book and take an exam to see where you are. If verbal is your weakest area, start making flashcards of common words for standardized tests. If chem, bio, or math is your weakest, go through the book practicing, and maybe use old textbooks/cliffs notes/biology for dummies type books. Take practice exams under timed condtions - I wish I had done that, as I ran out of time in chem and math.
 
thanks so much! which books would u refer for practicing? i got the Barron's PCAT. what else would be better?and is there any prep classes dat i can go to or sumthing?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well, you can get pcat prep book (like barrons and kaplan) at barnes & nobles or online. they are helpful, and make sure you really pay attention to what you are taught in class, so you can remember it all from now. 🙂
 
The only official PCAT book I used was Barrons, because that's all that B&N had. Honestly, the material in it was repetitive and not an accurate representation of the PCAT. The Barron book made me think there would be very little calc and o-chem, and the actual test was much more difficult.