Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eyeballs102

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm really worried about something. The only school I have left is PCO and I applied there at the end of December. Unfortunately they haven't gotten back to me and every time I keep calling them they say that my application is being reviewed. recently I've found out that the class is full unless people give up their seats. If someone got into PCO under the same set of circumstances can you please let me know? thanks! I could really use some hope here!

Members don't see this ad.

If I'm not mistaken, I've been reading that some people are giving up their seats and asking for deposit refunds? Don't worry, just keep calling, and bugging them :p It ain't over til' the fat lady sings!

lol yea hopefully o well if i have to take a year off then i have to take a year off. is it really true that if you apply early like let's say september that your chances are much greater of getting in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I think so. A lot of people are telling me to apply early, apply early.. It's actually getting really annoying to hear that lol :p but there's got to be a reason why, right? (esp for rolling admissions!)

I'm glad you've got a back up plan! Everything will turn out fine.. or even better. :) Good luck and keep us posted!

I think you're gonna hear good news the comming few weeks coz if they rejected you, they would've told on the phone and recieved a letter by now...have you been interviewed yet?

hey eyeballs,
im pretty much in a same situation....i applied a lil bit earlier..i think mid-oct...everytime ive called..they said a final decision has not been made on my file yet (which is good news I GUESS) ...i have no idea what to think...i just trying not to give up hope..

and COOLDUDE..i havent even been interviewed! so what do u think about that??? still a chance?????????????

Naaa no interview yet that's why I'm kinda worried ..... wow you applied in October and you still haven't herd anything? that's rough well at least therz still some hope. Yeah thats a good point if we were going to be rejected they would have done it by now I mean why keep us waiting right?

I know that PCO took a long time with me, taking almost 5 months to hear back after the interview. It turned out to be good news though, so no news is def good news!

O man! five months! I guess I'm not quite out of hope yet lol. I'm just curious .... when did you apply and what were ur stats when you applied?

hey eyeballs,
im pretty much in a same situation....i applied a lil bit earlier..i think mid-oct...everytime ive called..they said a final decision has not been made on my file yet (which is good news I GUESS) ...i have no idea what to think...i just trying not to give up hope..

and COOLDUDE..i havent even been interviewed! so what do u think about that??? still a chance?????????????

there is a chance eyecare510 coz I know few people who have good stats have been ejected recently...I mean, if you're stat is not competitive enough then why is it still under review? I think there is going to be another round of interviews soon? good luck and keeps us updated..

thanks cooldude!!! i reeally appreciate the hope!!

Hey guys I'm really worried about something. The only school I have left is PCO and I applied there at the end of December. Unfortunately they haven't gotten back to me and every time I keep calling them they say that my application is being reviewed. recently I've found out that the class is full unless people give up their seats. If someone got into PCO under the same set of circumstances can you please let me know? thanks! I could really use some hope here!

Is PCO your first choice? I always tell every pre-opt applicant that asks about school choices to get the exact school that you want. I didn't re-apply, but re-applying is worth the trouble because you don't want to look back and wonder how things would have been.

Members don't see this ad :)
actually to tell you the truth PCO is my first choice because I dont like going to school right in the middle of the city where NECO SUNY and ICO were. I still have a chance they haven't said no so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I understand that sometimes the school makes alot of applicants wait alot longer. Yea I am already making plans to reapply next year and I'll be ready since I am planning to volunteer for alot of optometrist in the meantime.

lemme know if you hear nething in the next couple of weeks!

for sure eyecare actually I've herd that they had a meeting today!

NECO and SUNY are in the middle of the city, but I would consider ICO a bit outside the core of the city. There's not much to do around PCO.

I prefer the location since because it's one that will allow me to work hard in. I can't imagein being in the middle of a city .... i wonder how people sleep at night ...

I prefer the location since because it's one that will allow me to work hard in. I can't imagein being in the middle of a city .... i wonder how people sleep at night ...

we dont sleep...we party through the night

haha sounds good...seems like a lot of NECO students are enjoying their opt school life

Honestly, one of PCO's big points is the interview, so if you still havent been granted one, I don't see you getting in this year. Theres a lot of people who have interviews who are waitlisted or waiting to find out if they are waitlisted it seems. So if you haven't had an interview yet, you probably won't get one, and probably won't get in (unless you interviewed in prior years).

When I called to arrange an interview, if I remember correctly,the admissions office had informed me that this week was their last week of interviewing prospective candidates. I could be wrong, but it sounds about right, considering it's already the first week of May. Your best bet would be to call in the admissions office and ask them what is going on with your application. I hope things work out for you!

Honestly, one of PCO's big points is the interview, so if you still havent been granted one, I don't see you getting in this year. Theres a lot of people who have interviews who are waitlisted or waiting to find out if they are waitlisted it seems. So if you haven't had an interview yet, you probably won't get one, and probably won't get in (unless you interviewed in prior years).
I know that's why I'm worried. I actually called and they said that they are still sporadically inviting people for interviews and they hope to get that finished within the next two weeks. Honestly I don't know what to believe because I hear a different story every day all I can do is wait and hope....

well the best thing to do is ask them directly and keep bugging them