Help

eyeloveu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a difficult time finding an Optometrist to write me a letter of recommendation and I don't know what to do. My entire application is complete except for an Optometrist letter and taking to OAT and I am starting to panic about it causing a delay. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I am having a difficult time finding an Optometrist to write me a letter of recommendation and I don't know what to do. My entire application is complete except for an Optometrist letter and taking to OAT and I am starting to panic about it causing a delay. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Can't you shadow your own optometrist for a little bit and ask him/her for a letter?

I know how difficult this is as well. If you live close to one of the optometry schools. Ask them, if they know any local optometrists that might allow shadowing. I live in NY, but ICO offered to help me find an optometrist. I ended up finding one on my own, but just knowing that they were willing to step in and try to help me...put a smile on my face.

gl

Members don't see this ad :)
hey well i asked my optometrist to write me a letter 3 weeks ago and i still haven't gotten it. when i asked him he told me he would have it in a week. so i have to get on him more about it... i don't want to talk to him more seriously, but it seems inevitable. i need the letter its the only thing i don't have in. everything else is done.

google some local optometrists in your area to find a private practice. thats what i did, and walked right in and asked to shadow. i worked with him a couple of times and asked for a recommendation. dont expect it too quickly, because they are probably really busy, but the best idea is to send them an email or call them after you ask and thank them for writing you a recommendation. also, follow up if you havent heard from them in a week or so, just to make sure they havent forgotten.