shan10

10+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2008
VA
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Deadline for Maryland is Dec 1. I am done with the pharmcas application but behind with transcripts. Because of certain circumstances and now thanksgiving I won't be able to ask the school for my transcript until Dec 1. Is that too late if the school sends it out that day? Will PharmCas and/or Maryland consider it late?

alenadoma

10+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
Deadline for Maryland is Dec 1. I am done with the pharmcas application but behind with transcripts. Because of certain circumstances and now thanksgiving I won't be able to ask the school for my transcript until Dec 1. Is that too late if the school sends it out that day? Will PharmCas and/or Maryland consider it late?

If your school is anything like my school, if you ask your school on December 1st, they will send out your transcripts a few days later...and this would make your application late.

cinnamoroll12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
PharmCAS must receive all transcripts by the school deadline. I'm assuming that PharmCAS won't be able to receive the transcript from the school, since MA is not that close to VA.

About the Ads

calisoca

10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student

Under these circumstances you won't make the deadline. There is no such thing as 'late' in the pharmacy school application process. If you fail to meet a deadline you are not considered.

wolfpackhal

UNC PharmD class of 2013
10+ Year Member
Sep 16, 2008
NC
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
I hate to be so blunt, but if you really want to do pharmacy and go to Maryland you should have sent your transcripts to PharmCAS several weeks ago at the latest. However, I think you can still E-submit your PharmCAS on or before Dec 1 and it will not be considered late. PharmCAS will have to wait until they receive your transcript before they can verify your GPA and send out you application. Your application may be at a disadnavtage because it will not get to Maryland until late Dec at earliest, but it should still be considered.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.