Help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbjunkie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if this is the right place to place this thread. I am a freshmen at a community college, i plan on becoming an anesthesologist and i was wondering if there is any one that can sorta be my mentor:rolleyes:? As guidance for me, i am a first gen college kid and i feel totally lost on where to start and what to do. Ive talked to my college counselor and she is putting me on the right track to transfer, but what im asking for is someone to share with me their personal experiences so i can somehow get a wakeup call.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am a transfer from community college, and I have been awarded an acceptance for fall 2009 already. PM me and I'll give you my aim screen name. I would like to guide you along.

First piece of advice, transfer as soon as you can to a 4 year university. I went to a CC and to be honest the best classes and the best "teachers" were at CC's. If you make the most out of a CC experience, you will learn much more than at a 4 year school. However, it is also much easier to get good grades at a CC and this seems to be the stigma that admissions committees have with such a path.