Help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fly10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SO i go to the university of Alberta, which is in Canada.

i know math is a prereq. for optiometry

so in my first year i took Calculus 113 (ELEMENTARY CALCULUS I) and got a B+.

after taking this class i changed my major to math, cause i feel in love with it. LOL!

i decided to take math 115(Elementary Calculus II) in the second semister of my first year, how ever i had a harder schedule and my whole class got screwed by our prof, the class avg for the final was 50% and i got a 49%, but because that class wasnt curved my mark turned out to be a C.

i have completed my one year of math, dont want to do a math major anymore. but because i got a C in the second class, i dont know if i should leave it or take another math class, i was thinking basic linear algebra.

any suggestions guys i am very confused!!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so you took one math class and fell in love with math, and changed your major for it. Then you take another math class, don't do so well, and fall out of love with it and want to change again. Plus, you want people you don't even know to tell you what to do next. Almost sounds like a bad soap opera.

Seriously, why are you giving up so easy? If you give up this easily with everything you'll never succeed in anything. If you really "loved" math, you wouldn't give up yet. Sounds like your major should be "undecided" at this point.

Slow down, take time to explore things a little longer before committing to anything. You'll thank yourself later.