Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wishing4MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I've searched the forums and have not found exactly what I'm looking for. Maybe it's because I've been checking through my phone? Idk. I just wanted to know how you guys go over your practice exams. You take one, then you see your score. Do you re read the passages and try answering the questions again, or do something else? I'm looking for tips on post-test analysis! Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

General Guidelines for Reviewing:

- Go over EVERY question. Both the ones you got right and the ones you got wrong.
- Reviewing should take 2-3 times longer than taking the timed practice problems.
- If your tests are fluctuating, it is due to the different topics on the various tests. In other words, you have some glaring weaknesses that when targeted, nail you, badly. You have to find out what those weaknesses are because they are evident by your scores. Do NOT dismiss any wrong answer as a "stupid mistake." You made that error for a reason. Go over your tests again.
- You might want to consider making a log for all of your post test results where you work through the questions below. Doing so, you'll be able to easily notice trends.

Some things to go over when reviewing:

1. Why did you get the question wrong? Why did you get the question right?
2. What question and passage types get you?
3. How is your mindset when facing a particular passage?
4. Are you stressed for time?
5. Where are your mistakes happening the most? Are they front loaded? Are they at the end? All over?
6. What was your thought process for both the questions you got right and the ones you got wrong?
7. For verbal, what was the author's mindset and main idea?
8. Did you eliminate all of the answer choices you could from first glance?
ex. You know an answer should be a positive number so you cross out all of the negative number answer choices.
9. What content areas are you weak in?
10. Why are the wrong answers wrong and the right answer right?
11. How can you improve so you don't make the same mistake again?

Thank you! I just went over my FL and now I am going to do some content review on everything that was on the exam, then work on passages form BR Bio and TPRH science workbook on the corresponding topics. Hope this helps improve my score for the next FL!