Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Christian Faith

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just started studying for the DAT and I am thinking of applying this year. I know it is going to be late since the applications are available in June. I need your advise whether should I apply this year or at least start the application. I am not familiar with the application process. Also, should the letters of recommendations be submitted electronically through the website or is it possible to get them from my professors and then send them to the schools I am interested in??? I am a bit confused about the process and how long it takes to fill the application with the personal statement, any help would be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

Weather or not U can delay application is entirely dependent on how strong of a applicant you are. Time is against you. If U haven't even spoken to professors regarding letters then that's gonna take at least couple of weeks minimum. ... we need some more information to give u a contextually specific answer (GPA? Etc)

In general U can apply late & get an acceptance...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

@ChristianFaith,

Just as @dentalprodigy mentioned admissions is rolling admissions so time is always against you. A higher GPA and a higher DAT score will help you overcome that. Some general things to think about:

~Personal Statement
~Letters of Recommendation
~Filling out primary application
~DAT

The quicker you can get these things done the better you are going to be.

Patrick