smurf528

10+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2008
Florida
Status
Pre-Dental
I have my DAT this Wednesday and I do not feel ready at all. I have been studying bits of the material for a couple months but I just started actual studying about 2 weeks ago. I have RC and PAT done. My Bio is okay. Chem and QR are killing me.

I have been using TopScore for about a week and my scores are not good. I don't have enough time to do the calculations in GenChem. Is it really that long in the actual DAT?

I just want any suggestions if I should just keep on studying and take it this wednesday or should I postpone it. I was suppose to take it June 8th but I changed it to July 22.

Also, does TopScore relate to the real DAT. Is it much harder, easier, or the same?? Thanks for anyone who replies....I'm just a nervous wreck right now. :scared:

htkim6680

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Top score is probably the closest to the difficulty you would see on the real thing, although it is a little outdated as far as the material. The real thing is going to be a little more difficult but not by much. Alot of people on this forum use DAT destroyer because it is thorough, but it is nowhere close to the difficulty you would actually see on the real test, but then again, its better to be overprepared than underprepared.

The calculations on the chem is actually not that involved. If you know your concepts, you should be fine.

dentist95757

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
honestly, you will never feel 100% ready for the DAT, but if you feel that you have basically done all the studying you can, then you are ready, if not then i say postpone your exam

gl

suhshi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status
Dentist
I have my DAT this Wednesday and I do not feel ready at all. I have been studying bits of the material for a couple months but I just started actual studying about 2 weeks ago. I have RC and PAT done. My Bio is okay. Chem and QR are killing me.

I have been using TopScore for about a week and my scores are not good. I don't have enough time to do the calculations in GenChem. Is it really that long in the actual DAT?

I just want any suggestions if I should just keep on studying and take it this wednesday or should I postpone it. I was suppose to take it June 8th but I changed it to July 22.

Also, does TopScore relate to the real DAT. Is it much harder, easier, or the same?? Thanks for anyone who replies....I'm just a nervous wreck right now. :scared:

since you had said you wer studyin for couple of months,
can i ask you how youu been studyyin?

May 15, 2009
CA
Status
Dental Student
Two weeks of serious studying is definitely not sufficient to prepare for the DAT.
Depends on the version of the test you get. Some tests are concept oriented with few calculations, while others are more calculation oriented. So, if you don't feel comfortable doing calculations, it's probably a good idea to postpone and get more practice.

I personally think topscore is an accurate representation of the real DAT.