helpful pharm books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lisochka

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the best books to study pharmacy?
It is always helpful to me to have few books on one subject, this way what is not clearly explained in one book can be supplemented in the other.
For example, the only reason I got an A in Ochem is because someone on this forum advised Ochem as a 2-nd language. Otherwise, I would suck

So, I am starting pharm. program this fall and was wondering if you guys have any texts that you could recommend that were very helpful to you to study pharmacy.I love the books that are written in a simple manner and explain stuff (that limits memorization)

Members don't see this ad.

What are the best books to study pharmacy?
It is always helpful to me to have few books on one subject, this way what is not clearly explained in one book can be supplemented in the other.
For example, the only reason I got an A in Ochem is because someone on this forum advised Ochem as a 2-nd language. Otherwise, I would suck

So, I am starting pharm. program this fall and was wondering if you guys have any texts that you could recommend that were very helpful to you to study pharmacy.I love the books that are written in a simple manner and explain stuff (that limits memorization)

It is different for most schools. Your best bet is to ask the older students during orientation.

I understand that for every school the curriculum is different.
However,I am asking general pharmacological books. May be something like, "Pharmacology for dummies" or something else.....
Did you have any favorite text books?

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand that for every school the curriculum is different.
However,I am asking general pharmacological books. May be something like, "Pharmacology for dummies" or something else.....
Did you have any favorite text books?

I think for P-1 all you need is Remington and Martin reference books. At least that is what I was advised to get. Of course, those books cost money and GOOGLE is free.

I think for P-1 all you need is Remington and Martin reference books. At least that is what I was advised to get. Of course, those books cost money and GOOGLE is free.

Trust me, you don't need a copy of Remington or Martin's. Most textbooks are unnecessary for the way pharmacy schools are formatted (PowerPoints, school-prepared note packets). Hold off on buying anything until you're absolutely sure you need it. I didn't follow that advice, and now all my books are collecting dust in my unused (albeit extensive) library.

If you have a strong desire to buy textbooks for pharmacy school, I'll make two recommendations: the Goodman & Gilman's pharmacology handbook and the DiPiro handbook (not the full text).

Lexi-Comp is also incredibly useful, to the point of being almost indispensable. Not a textbook per se, though.

ok, you guys persuaded me. I will hold of on the books.
Thank you for your input :)