Helppppppppppppp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonysonysony

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:mad: Basically I just started the kaplan course for the DAT and these are the scores

Bio 17 :confused:
Chem 14 :mad:
Ochem 15 :mad:

QR 19 :mad:
RC19 :mad:
PAT 17 :thumbdown: :(

But my gpa is only a 3.3 with a science gpa of only 3.01. for ochem 1 and ochem 2, and physics 2 I had Cs. So basically I need a DAT of atleast 22 to get me into a dental school. Do any of you know that if kaplan is enough to get a 22? I heard really good things about DAT destroyer and I have a shaums bio book. PLEASE ANY ADVICE THAT COULD HELP ME, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. ESPECIALLY, IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE TO GET INTO A TEXAS SCHOOL(PREFERRABLY UT HOUSTON).

THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

sonysonysony said:
:mad: Basically I just started the kaplan course for the DAT and these are the scores
Bio 17 :confused:
Chem 14 :mad:
Ochem 15 :mad:
QR 19 :mad:
RC19 :mad:
PAT 17 :thumbdown: :(
THANKS

First off, if those are your diagnostic scores w/o much studying than I would say your in good shape. The thing with kaplan is about peaking on your test day. Try to improve with every practive test you take. I had very similar if not a little lower scores on my sciences for the diagnostic. My main scores on the real DAT you can see in my sig. As for the subsections I pretty much got 20's and a few 21's across the board with the exception of my 22 on PAT. I didnt have a major weak point or strong point other than PAT. You'll notice on hear that a lot of people score very high on one section (24+) and it brings up their AA and TS a lot.

I can't speak for any of the other prep matierials.

I took the DAT (last Oct) before I was told about this wonderful place. I pretty much stuck to the kaplan stuff and nothing else. The one thing that rings true is that you get out what you put in. If I prepped as much as some of these other people I'm sure I might have been able to get the amazing scores you see on here. Dont get intimidated by the competion. Someone has to get those high scores, remember that they're in the minority. All that you can do is focus on yourself. Good luck.

jorUW said:
First off, if those are your diagnostic scores w/o much studying than I would say your in good shape. The thing with kaplan is about peaking on your test day. Try to improve with every practive test you take. I had very similar if not a little lower scores on my sciences for the diagnostic. My main scores on the real DAT you can see in my sig. As for the subsections I pretty much got 20's and a few 21's across the board with the exception of my 22 on PAT. I didnt have a major weak point or strong point other than PAT. You'll notice on hear that a lot of people score very high on one section (24+) and it brings up their AA and TS a lot.

I took the DAT (last Oct) before I was told about this wonderful place. I pretty much stuck to the kaplan stuff and nothing else. The one thing that rings true is that you get out what you put in. If I prepped as much as some of these other people I'm sure I might have been able to get the amazing scores you see on here. Dont get intimidated by the competion. Someone has to get those high scores, remember that they're in the minority. All that you can do is focus on yourself. Good luck.

Thanks

jorUW said:

Thanks for the reply

So you did not use any other resources other than kaplan for bio? and ochem? B/c as of right now my mind is a complete blank especially for chem and ochem. any recommendations for studying?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there. those are actually pretty good diagnostic scores if you havent studied yet. i personally got a 16 on my first test with kaplan. i read that a guy got a 13 on his diagnostic, ended up wtih around a 19 on his final and did even better than that on his real DAT so dont worry bud! i just finished up my class and so far i havent improved very much except fora couple points here and there and it fluctuates a lot but overall i think all that info is necessary. i just started topscore and it seems pretty easy to use and everyone here seems to love it hahaha. man do i trust everyone here THEY ARE HARDCOOOORE :D

oh yes i totally didnt answer your question. i hear that kaplan ochem is pretty okay. pretty much i've just been memorizing the reactions in the kaplan book and i've been doing fine with those. gchem im not too suree...i think i read a post somewhere that kaplan prepares you pretty well for gchem and ochem but not as well for bio. well just some rumors i heard hehe

sonysonysony said:
Thanks for the reply

So you did not use any other resources other than kaplan for bio? and ochem? B/c as of right now my mind is a complete blank especially for chem and ochem. any recommendations for studying?

I didn't use anything other than Kaplan. However, I didn't really know of any other materials like topscore, etc.... I thought going over my practice tests with the explanations was the best learning tool for me personally. The best thing you can do is get your hands on as many practice tests as possible. If topscore and achiever give you that, than I would say go for it. Study as much as you can. The worst feeling would be getting your scores knowing you could have put in more of an effort. I believe Kaplan is enough to get you 20+ scores, but to get the 22+ scores you'll need more.