• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Hematology

Kalel

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2004
Metropolis
Hematology is the study of blood. A hematologist is an IM physician who has completed a 2 yr fellowship in that specialty. Most hematology fellowships are combined with oncology fellowships because there is a lot of overlap (3 yrs for the two of them), and quite frankly, I don't think that there is a large demand for hematologists alone in non-academic medical centers (I could be mistaken, I just don't think that they get consulted that often in community hospitals and I don't think that there are enough heme cancer patients in most areas to support their practices). Anyways, they mainly deal with heme cancer patients (leukemias, lymphomas), but they can also see patients with a variety of other hematologic disorders (hemophilia, thrombocytopenia or anemia of unknown etiology, etc). Here are some helpful websites:
http://www.hematology.org/about/defining.cfm
http://www.acponline.org/srf/subspecialty_brochure.htm#hemo

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.