Heme/Onc fellowship help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Temper888

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I just graduated IM residency. I signed up for hospitalist job. Since our program was fairly new, I didn’t get to do heme/onc elective until third year. I also have a cousin who was diagnosed with B cell lymphoma and honestly seeing her struggle and other cancer patients.I feel like I really want to be oncologist treating cancer patients and helping them. I do love medicine in general. But having seen cancer patients struggle closely, I want to be an oncologist. But since I have signed up for hospitalist job and I have no research in heme/onc, I have no clues where to start. How should make connections and get in touch with people who will let me do heme/onc research? I am at a academic place currently but there are many hospitalists and I doubt heme/onc field will remember that I exist. Any recommendations in strengthening my CV would be greatly appreciated. Also, how do I get letters of recommendation for fellowship? My residency program director may forget me by the time I apply.

Members don't see this ad.

I would reach out to the heme onc faculty and see if you can help/take ownership of some clinical research projects on your weeks off!