Heme/Onc Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoogSC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am not familiar with the hematology or oncology residencies available to graduating DO students. I seem to remember Michigan Osteo and UMDNJ but I'm not sure...I checked their websites again but I must not be looking hard enough.

Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought DO residencies were available in all field except hem/onc and pathology

There are two osteopathic heme/onc residencies:
  • KCOM/St John-Detroit Riverview Hosp - Hematology & Oncology Residency - Detroit, MI​
  • Ingham Regional Medical Center - Hematology & Oncology Residency - Lansing, MI​

Members don't see this ad :)
There are a few others not listed on the AOA Opportunities page. UMDNJ is one that you mentioned

I thought DO residencies were available in all field except hem/onc and pathology
For Hem/Onc, your best bet is to take the USMLE and get an MD residency. There are relatively few DO positions available.

Where are u people getting your information??? Heme/Onc is not a residency at all. It is a fellowship following residency in internal medicine.

Where are u people getting your information??? Heme/Onc is not a residency at all. It is a fellowship following residency in internal medicine.
I was referring to getting am MD internal medicine residency. Going from a DO internal med residency into an MD hem/onc fellowship is more difficult than going through the MD path.

I am sure that is what they meant. Take it easy with the "semantics warfare"