You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
hemostasis
Started by unoriginal
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
The second chapter of Robbins has the inflammation/coagulation cascades, I think. The Physiology section of First Aid has a simplified version.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My Biochem prof has a pretty good website that he has developed for hemostasis as well as many other topics. http://isu.indstate.edu/mwking/
Hope this helps
Hope this helps
There is a figure in BRS Pathology summarizing the coagulation cascades, and more detailed information can be found in Robbin's pathologic basis of disease (big robbins).
Hope this helps
(In terms of knowing hemostasis and coagulation for the USMLE Step 1, the information in BRS Pathology and First Aid for Step1 is probably sufficient)
Hope this helps
(In terms of knowing hemostasis and coagulation for the USMLE Step 1, the information in BRS Pathology and First Aid for Step1 is probably sufficient)
unoriginal said:anybody have any good resources (preferably online) for learning hemostasis/blood coagulation/blood clot cascades/etc? i just the BRS physiology and I can't seem to find it in there.... is this not typically included in physiology? is it biochem?
thanks
For Step 1 I remember a few questions that dealt with hemostasis, but I never had to know more than a few pieces of the puzzle. We had a hematolgist who showed us the "new" pathway that would be making it into textbooks in the next decade or so. I've never seen this "new" pathway since, but I remember it placing great importance on reactions on the surface of platelettes. But again, knowing the "new" one vs. the old one would have both been fine for Step 1.
i was actually just looking for something to supplement the hemostasis & coagulation lectures that I got in class. The lecturer ( & notes) weren't the best. thanks for the help. the website looks good... i don't have a robins book yet. it must be a good back- i hear a lot of people talking about it here on sdn.
Google for some hematology/oncology sites and they should have a plethora of information.
It's a pretty good back.unoriginal said:i don't have a robins book yet. it must be a good back