• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

Henry Ford

Gfunk6

And to think . . . I hesitated
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2004
SF Bay Area
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
See my review posted here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=3396897&postcount=25

In short, solid program with outstanding basic research but utter lack of resident participation in basic research. Also, if you are a DO take note b/c Henry Ford is a program that has historically taken osteopthic grads (both DO and DO/PhD).

ideas

10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2006
some place warm :)
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
See my review posted here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=3396897&postcount=25

In short, solid program with outstanding basic research but utter lack of resident participation in basic research. Also, if you are a DO take note b/c Henry Ford is a program that has historically taken osteopthic grads (both DO and DO/PhD).

I'm not a DO, I'm MD (well future one anyway), does that mean that I'd be disadvantaged in applying there or that the prefer DOs? Or is the just typically seems to apply there? ( I know you might not be able to answer that, but though I'd just ask it anyway)

About the Ads

Gfunk6

And to think . . . I hesitated
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2004
SF Bay Area
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I have no inside information, but there are more MDs than DOs in the program. I don't think there is a particular predilection for taking DOs, it probably just worked out that way in the Match. However, not many programs take DOs historically which is why I pointed this out.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.