Henry Ford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Derm0505

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to help some med students with aways and they are asking about HF, but I dont know anything about the program - i didnt go to the interview.

Does it have a good reputation nationally?

Is it a good place to rotate at?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is a good program nationally, but I don't know about the away rotation.

It's a fabulous program. In any case, Henry Lim is one of the most well-recognized and well-regarded dermatologists in the US. He was also recently the VP of the AAD. Getting a great LOR from him as well as his support, would almost guarantee you a spot.

PD's love talking to one another.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think its an awesome program. Extremely under-rated.

If that program was in a different city, it would easily be at the top of most peoples lists. Dr. Lim is amazing, the faculty are really nice, and the residents love to teach and work with med students.

NO, I dont go to HF if your wondering.

I interviewed at Henry Ford this year and was also really impressed by this program. They get incredible clinical training in all areas (including peds, surgery, med derm, derm path) and seem very happy. The program director is also very dedicated to resident education and will tailor resident schedules to their interests (e.g. giving you a day a week for research, setting up new specialty clinics, etc). I agree that Detroit seems to be the one downside to this program (although the suburbs where the residents live seemed pretty nice).