Here is my situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted158872

Right now I'm a junior with a 3.4 GPA. I took the practice MCAT last week (without much preparation) and my score was only 21! It's obvious that I can't take MCAT this year; I need a lot more preparations. Now I'm thinking of 2 options :

1/ Wait till the end of my senior year to apply. This way, I'll be 1 year late (compared to those who go straight to Med school after undergrad).

2/ Apply for Postbac and go for it right after undergrad. That way, I'll be >2 years late. I guess that Postbac would give me more credentials and probably sponsorship to Med school, but it will take more time.

If you were me, what would you do? Plz give me some advice! ! !

Members don't see this ad.

Study and get higher on the MCAT, and also improve your GPA. 3.4 these days is not enough. Try to get that above a 3.5, and also study a lot for your MCAT and take classes if necessary. If you took the MCAT cold without any prep and got a 21, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

When you say practice MCAT, do you mean a diagnostic test from a major course (Kaplan, TPR, etc) or do you mean an actual old MCAT? If it´s the former you´re going to get a 30 or more on the real thing. If it´s the latter sign up for a formal course and another year of undergrad to imrprove both your score and your grades.