Here to Answer Questions about the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chlorophyll Oracle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't post on here often but during the DAT prep this summer I relied on this site for a lot of the tips that helped me get through the exam. After taking it this summer I can honestly say that I wasn't that bad! My scores were
23 AA
21 PAT
21 OC
21 QR
23 RC
23 GC
26 Bio

For anyone who intends on taking it in the coming months i'm more than happy to answer any questions you have about the process if i can!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I don't post on here often but during the DAT prep this summer I relied on this site for a lot of the tips that helped me get through the exam. After taking it this summer I can honestly say that I wasn't that bad! My scores were
23 AA
21 PAT
21 OC
21 QR
23 RC
23 GC
26 Bio

For anyone who intends on taking it in the coming months i'm more than happy to answer any questions you have about the process if i can!

Hi DrilNFil thanks for your post! I'm just preparing for the DAT and I've used the Kaplan book to study but as I'm doing practice tests I find that a lot of the material is new! I'm wondering what you used/what you recommend using to get the maximum amount of information? (I know this has probably been discussed somewhere, sorry for the repeat question!) Also, would it be too late to apply in late September-Early October? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi DrilNFil thanks for your post! I'm just preparing for the DAT and I've used the Kaplan book to study but as I'm doing practice tests I find that a lot of the material is new! I'm wondering what you used/what you recommend using to get the maximum amount of information? (I know this has probably been discussed somewhere, sorry for the repeat question!) Also, would it be too late to apply in late September-Early October? Thanks in advance for your help!
Hey PreDent93! When do you plan on taking the DAT? If the material your going over is new, I recommend taking some extra time to go over it. The last thing I want would be for you to feel rushed into taking the exam before you feel ready. When I studied I used chads videos for a month to review all the topics and take notes. Honestly, if some of the material you're coming across seems new then I would look at Chad's videos as a way to learn the essentials quickly. After I did all the videos (GC, OC, and QR.) I moved onto doing DAT Bootcamp and DAT Destroyer. I cannot stress enough how amazing these two sources are. The Bootcamp practice tests are spot on and provide amazing practice and the Destroyer questions go through just about anything the DAT can throw at you. DAT destroyer bio is exactly why my BIO score was so high. As for applying, I actually don't know the answer. Obviously the answer is sure you can still apply, I just don't know if you've missed the sweet spot when you'd have your best chance to get an interview. I know a few people who have already gotten interviews in late September, early October.

Thanks for your reply! I forgot to mention that I've been using Crack the DAT for practice and it's really helped me over the past month (I'm slightly confused, is this the same DAT destroyer you're talking about? Because when I search DAT destroyer I get the Crack the DAT link!) I've just started Chad's videos and I'll definitely give DAT bootcamp a go! Thanks again for your help! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your reply! I forgot to mention that I've been using Crack the DAT for practice and it's really helped me over the past month (I'm slightly confused, is this the same DAT destroyer you're talking about? Because when I search DAT destroyer I get the Crack the DAT link!) I've just started Chad's videos and I'll definitely give DAT bootcamp a go! Thanks again for your help! :)

Hello, DAT Destroyer is not Crack the DAT. Here is the link to the DAT Destroyer DrilNFil is talking about: DAT Destroyer - Orgoman.com

Reactions: 1 user
Like DMikes said, those are two seperate materials. I personally didn't use Crack the DAT because I had heard that the level of difficulty was not equal to that of the actual test. However, a person i knew who did well on the test only used Crack the DAT as her source. I really liked the sources I gave you though!