Here we go...again!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nochaser

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all of you that are applying again after AMCAS 2002:

What are your feelings about AMCAS this year? Just to think about it gives me shudders, and I am seriously thinking about holding off applying until next year. Any other thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Although I'm not applying again, they are definitely using online again. I feel for anyone going through it again!

Why does everyone hate amcas so much? If you wait until October to apply like I did, it's easy! I was verifified eactly 6 weeks later :p

j/k don't do this!

Members don't see this ad :)
Then you're one of the lucky ones, Foxy! You didn't have AMCAS lose your transcripts where you had to resend, then it took them another 2 months to verify. You didn't have them forget to send to some of your schools. I know some people missed the deadlines because of SCAMCAS. I think most of us had a bad experience in one way or another. But I am glad it went smoothly for you, but I'm afraid that's in the minority.

Joe

It went rather smoothly for me except for the time it took to fill out and the time it took to verify etc. I was luckier than my friend. He took MCATs two times. AMCAS only sent his original score which was lower than his 2nd score. He tried to let the schools know about the problem, which he caught only about a month ago. They have yet to reply to his emails or letters.

I remember the pre-med counselor at the school having meetings early on last year regarding how this process will be a mess. She saw it coming.

I think next year it will be better. At least some of the kinks should be worked out. Of course it will be even better 2 years down the road.

You know, I think they should offer the opportunity to do both. They can keep their web-based application, but at least offer a paper one to fill out. That way there would be at least 1 less person taking up server time.