Here's how you keep the bold peeps! PLEASE STICKY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You're excited. You have just been invited to/accepted to/rejected from your # 1 schools. You want to post it ont he respective "Wall of" post. You want us to love you. We WANT to love you. How do you get us to love you? Keep the damn bold on the schools when you post. Here's how you do it.

1. You go to the last person who posted on the long list. Make sure it is the last so no one gets cut off.
2. You click on the "Reply" not the quick reply, not the post new reply
3. When the list appears in your text box notice the Quote and /Quote at the beginning and end of the post.
4. Delete those quotes including the brackets.
5. Add your name to the school who loves you/hates you/isn't quite sure what to think of you.
6. Please post the school name in the title area. So we aren't scrolling through hundreds of names to find yours. We promise we will scan down and look.
7. Post your fame!!!!

Good luck. God speed. We do love you, we just like bold more.

Members don't see this ad.

thank you! and be absolutely, absolutely sure that you're replying to the last thread. otherwise, you cut out some people's data, which isn't nice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Amen. I second the motion that this should be stickied . . . non-bolding and cutting people off used to bother me so much I'd run around fixing lists I came across . . . fortunately I managed to kick that bit of compulsion . . . but it never would have been an issue if people would just take the above advice.

oh, the banality & anality of it all.

One more thing....PLEASE write the school in the title line. Im getting tired of having to search through those ever-expanding lists.

Bump. Please stickey mods. thanks!

can't there be an easier way? Like creating ONE list that we just had our names to? Like some kinda spreadsheety thing or something? Where is a computer wizard when you need one...

gdbaby said:
Bump. Please stickey mods. thanks!
Mmmm, sticky mods.
And I second Flop's idea. Make it idiot proof. Lists suck. I want matrices of words, beautiful words. And some lines. Maybe sundry punctuation symbols.

i eat gunners for breakfast.

Flopotomist said:
can't there be an easier way? Like creating ONE list that we just had our names to? Like some kinda spreadsheety thing or something? Where is a computer wizard when you need one...

Now THAT'S a great idea!!
BTW, thanks for the instructions there, gdbaby!

you rock, gdbaby

those instructions are crystal-clear-foolproof

Flopotomist said:

I suggested that in the "suggestions thread" put up last month. It could be done by giving the OP the option to allow others to edit the post, much like a wiki on wikipedia. Below there'd be a list of edits so there's accountability.

willow18 said:
I suggested that in the "suggestions thread" put up last month. It could be done by giving the OP the option to allow others to edit the post, much like a wiki on wikipedia. Below there'd be a list of edits so there's accountability.
no no no... I suggested it in the suggestions thread, and demand royalties.

willow18 said:
maybe we'll split the cash?
Are you the kinda girl that files paternity suits against celebrities just hoping they will settle out of court? I DEMAND DNA!! The money is MINE all MINE MUahahahahaha!!!