Here's how you keep the bold peeps! PLEASE STICKY

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You're excited. You have just been invited to/accepted to/rejected from your # 1 schools. You want to post it ont he respective "Wall of" post. You want us to love you. We WANT to love you. How do you get us to love you? Keep the damn bold on the schools when you post. Here's how you do it.

1. You go to the last person who posted on the long list. Make sure it is the last so no one gets cut off.
2. You click on the "Reply" not the quick reply, not the post new reply
3. When the list appears in your text box notice the Quote and /Quote at the beginning and end of the post.
4. Delete those quotes including the brackets.
5. Add your name to the school who loves you/hates you/isn't quite sure what to think of you.
6. Please post the school name in the title area. So we aren't scrolling through hundreds of names to find yours. We promise we will scan down and look.
7. Post your fame!!!!

Good luck. God speed. We do love you, we just like bold more.

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2002
from the ministry of information
Status
Attending Physician
thank you! and be absolutely, absolutely sure that you're replying to the last thread. otherwise, you cut out some people's data, which isn't nice.

About the Ads

Dakota

10+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Amen. I second the motion that this should be stickied . . . non-bolding and cutting people off used to bother me so much I'd run around fixing lists I came across . . . fortunately I managed to kick that bit of compulsion . . . but it never would have been an issue if people would just take the above advice.

lazygunner

Formerly letmein10
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2005
Status
One more thing....PLEASE write the school in the title line. Im getting tired of having to search through those ever-expanding lists.

gdbaby

Prettier than before
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Bump. Please stickey mods. thanks!

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
can't there be an easier way? Like creating ONE list that we just had our names to? Like some kinda spreadsheety thing or something? Where is a computer wizard when you need one...

jebus

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2005
Status
gdbaby said:
Bump. Please stickey mods. thanks!
Mmmm, sticky mods.
And I second Flop's idea. Make it idiot proof. Lists suck. I want matrices of words, beautiful words. And some lines. Maybe sundry punctuation symbols.

Skeptrix

should be studying ..
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2003
Honolulu, Hawaii
www.
Status
Pre-Medical
i eat gunners for breakfast.

Orthodoc40

10+ Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
Between Michigan & Massachusetts
Status
Medical Student
Flopotomist said:
can't there be an easier way? Like creating ONE list that we just had our names to? Like some kinda spreadsheety thing or something? Where is a computer wizard when you need one...
Now THAT'S a great idea!!
BTW, thanks for the instructions there, gdbaby!

Risa

like Lisa with an R
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2005
Status
Medical Student
you rock, gdbaby

those instructions are crystal-clear-foolproof

jbone

Herro!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2005
Some freakin corn field in Iowa
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Phil Anthropist said:
I'll make it a sticky for awhile ;)
heard that one before. ;)

willow18

10+ Year Member
Jun 19, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
Flopotomist said:
I suggested that in the "suggestions thread" put up last month. It could be done by giving the OP the option to allow others to edit the post, much like a wiki on wikipedia. Below there'd be a list of edits so there's accountability.

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
willow18 said:
I suggested that in the "suggestions thread" put up last month. It could be done by giving the OP the option to allow others to edit the post, much like a wiki on wikipedia. Below there'd be a list of edits so there's accountability.
no no no... I suggested it in the suggestions thread, and demand royalties.

Flopotomist

I love the Chicago USPS
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 22, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
willow18 said:
maybe we'll split the cash?
Are you the kinda girl that files paternity suits against celebrities just hoping they will settle out of court? I DEMAND DNA!! The money is MINE all MINE MUahahahahaha!!!

Phil Anthropist

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2004
Visit site
Status
Hopefully the thread was up long enough for peeps to get the message. ;)

I'm unsticking the thread, but feel free to bump as needed.

About the Ads