Heritage MAMS average acceptance GPA/MCAT?

• Thread starter Premedofthesouth
  • Start date
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

Premedofthesouth

Hello all, I'm currently applying to the Heritage MAMS program and am waiting to hear back from them. I am a DO only applicant and with the news of the grade replacement changes, I feel that doing an SMP may be my only option. Anyways I was just looking to get an idea of the kind of GPAs/MCATs that get accepted into the program and if they have a regional bias for acceptance. Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all, I'm currently applying to the Heritage MAMS program and am waiting to hear back from them. I am a DO only applicant and with the news of the grade replacement changes, I feel that doing an SMP may be my only option. Anyways I was just looking to get an idea of the kind of GPAs/MCATs that get accepted into the program and if they have a regional bias for acceptance. Thanks all!

Applied to PNWU and was rejected with 3.36 cGPA, 3.24 sGPA, and 510 MCAT. Lots of clinical work, great letters, and living in the neighbor to the south. Spoke with Alaina Hull at PNWU and was told the MAMS program would be of great benefit to me. Applied for MAMS last month and should have a decision soon. Everyone at Heritage has been very kind and helpful through the whole process.

Best of luck to you if you decide to apply. Will update once I hear back

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Applied to PNWU and was rejected with 3.36 cGPA, 3.24 sGPA, and 510 MCAT. Lots of clinical work, great letters, and living in the neighbor to the south. Spoke with Alaina Hull at PNWU and was told the MAMS program would be of great benefit to me. Applied for MAMS last month and should have a decision soon. Everyone at Heritage has been very kind and helpful through the whole process.

Best of luck to you if you decide to apply. Will update once I hear back

Wtf? If you applied broadly with those stats and MCAT, you should have gotten in somewhere. How many schools did you apply to?

Wtf? If you applied broadly with those stats and MCAT, you should have gotten in somewhere. How many schools did you apply to?

PNWU, AZCOM, CCOM, KCOM, SOMA, LECOMs, VCOMs

Rejected from CCOM and PNWU, waitlisted pre-II at AZCOM, no secondaries from VCOMs

PNWU, AZCOM, CCOM, KCOM, SOMA, LECOMs, VCOMs

Rejected from CCOM and PNWU, waitlisted pre-II at AZCOM, no secondaries from VCOMs

Wow weird I'm honestly shocked considering your MCAT is pretty good. What state are you from?

Phone call. I have been working closely with Kathy during this time

Thank you! I was hoping I would have been in the first batch being reviewed because I turned in my application about a week after it opened but it doesn't seem like it. Suppose I just have to be more patient.

@Premedofthesouth

Did you apply to PNWU?

I did. I was rejected post secondary. I called and spoke with them and they said I'd be a great fit for the Heritage program. Main things I needed to fix were residency not in the Pacific Northwest and a not so stellar undergrad science GPA . I have a 3.19 overall GPA with replacement and 3.12 science with replacement but also have a 507 MCAT

I did. I was rejected post secondary. I called and spoke with them and they said I'd be a great fit for the Heritage program. Main things I needed to fix were residency not in the Pacific Northwest and a not so stellar undergrad science GPA . I have a 3.19 overall GPA with replacement and 3.12 science with replacement but also have a 507 MCAT

I was told the same thing by PNWU except for the residency in PNW. Hope you get good news soon!

Accepted Yesterday! You plan on attending?
I interviewed at LECOM-SH last week and I interview at AZCOM next week. If I am not accepted to either then I will definitely be attending Heritage MAMS.

Can current or past student give some information for Heritage links to PNWU? Anyone who were in Heritage MAMS program and got into PNWU?

Can current or past student give some information for Heritage links to PNWU? Anyone who were in Heritage MAMS program and got into PNWU?

Current PNWU second year student here who graduated from the MAMS program in May of 2015. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to chat over the phone regarding the program.

Hey Everyone,

We will have a webcast this Thursday (July 6th) at 5:30 MST.

During this time we will be answering questions, going over details about the program, our experiences, etc. This will be great for those that are already admitted or prospective students.

The webcast will be hosted by google hangouts. Thursday I will post the link beforehand or you can email me a good email address or phone number and I can email or text you the link as well.

Message or email me with any questions. [email protected]