HEY! Destroyer or achiever????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

butterfly411

wannabe-willbe dentist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you used either the destroyer or achiever as a study tool, please let us know whether or not you thought it was helpful. also, if you've taken the DAT test already and don't mind sharing your results for the PAT section, that'll be cool too.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you used either the destroyer or achiever as a study tool, please let us know whether or not you thought it was helpful. also, if you've taken the DAT test already and don't mind sharing your results for the PAT section, that'll be cool too.

Thanks.

both definitely.

I agree with both previous posts. You should definately get both TopScore and Acheiver. They are pretty cheap and are definately worth it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah start with achiever to get motivated to study more, then end with topscore for a confidence boost rollin in to test day.

Yeah start with achiever to get motivated to study more, then end with topscore for a confidence boost rollin in to test day.

well put. i agree, dont take achiever the day before the DAT... i know from experience, it shattered my confidence

i did the destroyer from cover to cover probably around 10 times. i for some reason found that topscore was harder than achiever lol... but achiever is a better program overall. achiever's RC/QR/PAT was extremely easy.. but topscore's were harder and more on par with the real deal imo

achiever, destroyer, topscore.. why not get them all???

Think of it as an investment

i did the destroyer from cover to cover probably around 10 times. i for some reason found that topscore was harder than achiever lol... but achiever is a better program overall. achiever's RC/QR/PAT was extremely easy.. but topscore's were harder and more on par with the real deal imo

stop being an ass, pryda, seriously. what are your intentions with comments like these?

butterfly - achiever is a harder test overall than topscore. especially the pat section. i scored 3-4 points higher on my sciences and pat on the real thing as opposed to achiever, so dont let "teen" scores get you down. when you take the prep tests, take it the way that the actual test is administered - and include the 15 min break, and dry-erase board. And if you are taking the exams on a laptop, use a mouse, not the scroll pad on the laptop. its more representative of the real thing. good luck!

:)

Hey, for the sections on achiever that you said was easy (RC/QR/PAT), What did you score on the achiever compare to the real test (if you dont mind me asking)? I'm asking because I am a believer and is thinking about getting the achiever. lol

Thanks. :)

Personally i think DAT Destroyer is the best for the sciences, specifically GChem and OChem.

But i would get both. I personally use both DAT Destroyer and Achiever hand in hand. Both of them are excellent material to get for DAT preperations.

Achiever and TopScore are just practice tests, right? How many tests come with each?

i achiever's RC/QR/PAT was extremely easy..

dude you are full of $hit. there are PAT problems in the achiever that are purposely made trickey and are next to impossible to visualize.

go end yourself.

In my limited experience, (Taking the test the 28th.. but I have gone through Destroyer and Test 1 of Achiever and the Kaplan Online Test), I feel that given the choice to only choose either Destroyer or Achiever, I would take Destroyer. The breadth of the questions in Destroyer is enormous and I feel very prepared after going through the Blue Book combined with Destroyer. GL! :)

I also feel that the PAT on the achiever is ridiculous =P The RC was probably easier than the Blue Book RC, and the QR was probably fair (although it's hard for me to judge QR since I've been a math tutor for years)