Hey Everyone

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Danarocks

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
So I took the DAT about 3 weeks ago. Just wanted to share the tools I used to prepare for the exam.

For the sciences: I used Cliffs, my college bio notes, and Destroyer.
Reading: I used Crack Dat Reading, I thought it was helpful.
PAT: crack DAT PAT. I felt it helped a lot.
Math: both destroyer and Crack DAT Math. Destroyer was good in terms of the difficulty of the problem. Crack DAT math helped alot with the timing.

Good Luck to all of you who are preparing for the DATs. DO NOT BE NERVOUS. It's really important to stay calm while taking the DAT and even days before the exam. I know it's easier said then done but try to. It could make a huge difference.

Members don't see this ad.

Why are all these new users posting breakdowns all of a sudden?

I've seen so many people with <5 posts making these threads, describing the materials they used. It makes me think that one of these DAT prep companies is trying to plug their materials on here (Crack the DAT).

Anyone else skeptical about these new breakdowns?

I've seen so many people with <5 posts making these threads, describing the materials they used. It makes me think that one of these DAT prep companies is trying to plug their materials on here (Crack the DAT).

LOL i was thinking the same thing :idea:

notice he has ONE post...haha

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm sure there are spies among us haha. I was skeptical at first too, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I bought pretty much everything people told me, plus more. I'm a sucker like that.

I believe I may be one of those people you speak of. I was never an active poster on SDN but I've came here numerous times for when I had questions on anything related to predental/premed over the past few years. I am very grateful for all the active members on this forum helping everyone who has a question. I've recently decided to start posting since I feel that I may have something constructive to contribute after taking my DAT. I assure you that I am not someone just trying to plug these test prep materials and I can provide evidence through PM if you wish.

Besides, I think all the breakdown's are suggesting the same review material (Destroyer and Crack DAT) since those are the ones suggested on the official study guide posted here. I must say that they were extremely effective and just about covers 90% of what you need to do well on the test. The cost of the material was also significantly cheaper than taking a $1000 kaplan course. Although I must say the presentation of destroyer leaves a bit more to be desired given it's $200 price tag. I don't find mistakes on something like that to be acceptable at all. Anyways, good luck everyone that are still taking the tests and congrats to all those who finished recently.