Hey just joined =)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SimSimma

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i just joined the website...I go to Hofstra U. and Im a senior, hoping to take the DAT in the early summer. Im going to be using Topscore, Exam Kracker, Kaplan, and the DAT Destroyer

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome, glad to have you! I'm in the same boat as you, hopefully gonna be taking the DAT sometime in early summer. If ya wanna team up on studying or something, throw me a PM (Private Message) sometime!

Me too!!!!! I'll be taking the DAT in the summer but I still dont know which prep is better topscore, achiever, destroyer or kplan. Maybe I'll just buy all to be safe haha..

Start off with the Kaplan Blue book then, buy the TP, Achiever later on when you mastered the Blue book, first. I got all the above materials. But, TP, Achiever has timers on how long the programs last up to 6-7 mos. Get destroyer if you feel you need more problems to work with on G.Chem, O.Chem, Bio, QR. Addition books, Schuam's bio, chem, organic are good. You'll get overwhelmed when you buy everything at once. I did! Good Luck :luck:

Lots of good people on the thread to help you answer any problems your having in any subject.

Thanks for your advice!! If you don't know about it yet there's also a helpful site: http://www.aspiringdentist.com for a general guide to admissions to dental school. Another site that I think is a little friendlier and has specific forums for each pre-heatlh subjects and also a dental forum that many students can benefit from your advice: http://www.scienceaide.com/forums If I don’t get my questions answered there I def. know that people like you here in SDN can help and I’m glad

stop advertising.

Members don't see this ad :)
Start off with the Kaplan Blue book then, buy the TP, Achiever later on when you mastered the Blue book, first. I got all the above materials. But, TP, Achiever has timers on how long the programs last up to 6-7 mos. Get destroyer if you feel you need more problems to work with on G.Chem, O.Chem, Bio, QR. Addition books, Schuam's bio, chem, organic are good. You'll get overwhelmed when you buy everything at once. I did! Good Luck :luck:

Lots of good people on the thread to help you answer any problems your having in any subject.

what is the difference between TopScore and Achiever? I have TopScore and I really am enjoying it. I am not quite sure if i need to get achiever

hey all-

i plan on taking the DAT in may. i think the top score is great for PAT problems. definitely use kaplan for the bio sections because it's full of info. destroyer is awesome practice for all the sciences, especially gen chem & orgo. i haven't checked out the achiever yet, so i don't have too much feedback, but i definitely plan to.