Hey Sharky and FutureDocDO...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Intro

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I guess you are now going to tell students not to go to the University of South Alabama...

Hurricane Ivan Bulletin:
Please note that this message contains new information regarding shelters.
USA's classes were canceled effective 1 p.m. on Tuesday, September 14. Students and non-essential personnel are dismissed until normal operations resume on Monday. Hospital and medical employees should check with their supervisors as to their status.

http://www.southalabama.edu/

Heaven forbid we send students there! They might get hurt! They should just close the school. After all, life is more important than becoming a doctor, right?

:laugh:

-Skip

REFERENCE: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=1832210#post1832210

Members don't see this ad.

I would tell a premed not to go anywhere where there are a lot of hurricanes and forced evacuation. That includes the Caribbean and the coast of southeastern US.

Life is more important than medicine. Thinking otherwise is idiotic, but if you think becoming a doctor is more important than your life, more power to you.

If you read my post in that thread, I said it's not about DO, MD, or FMG, it's about life. This is why you should see my argument as not biased against caribbean schools. This is why I wouldn't discriminate between the caribbean schools and the MD schools in the southeastern coastal regions when talking about hurricanes.

Skip and stephenw and a few others, all of you should apologize to me for thinking I was addressing only caribbean schools just because I didn't like them, which is not the case.

Sharky said:
Skip and stephenw and a few others, all of you should apologize to me for thinking I was addressing only caribbean schools just because I didn't like them, which is not the case.

Now you want an apology... BRAZEN!!! :laugh:

-Skip

Members don't see this ad :)
Sharky said:
Life is more important than medicine. Thinking otherwise is idiotic, but if you think becoming a doctor is more important than your life, more power to you.
If you read my post in that thread, I said it's not about DO, MD, or FMG, it's about life.
I did not hear of any fatalities of medical students in Miami(hurricane Frances), SGU(hurricane Ivan), Alabama(hurrican Ivan), California riots and earthquakes... give it up.

OnMyWayThere said:
I did not hear of any fatalities of medical students in Miami(hurricane Frances), SGU(hurricane Ivan), Alabama(hurrican Ivan), California riots and earthquakes... give it up.

Well, we're still waiting for Ivan to hit Mobile... the school's ALREADY closed... hopefully it will pass over without loss of life.

But, you bring up an excellent point: in order for her argument to be remotely valid, we should have heard about at least one student death in Grenada.

NOPE.

Go back and hide under your rock, Sharky. You'll be safe there. I promise.

-Skip

Skip Intro said:
Go back and hide under your rock, Sharky. You'll be safe there. I promise.

-Skip
I'd rather hide under a rock in the US then live on a rock.

Onmy, it is an opinion. Why do you get mad just because someone may not hold the same opinion as you. You should give up trying to shut me up and those who you don't agree with. Besides, I didn't bring this up again, skip did when he made a thread asking me a question with my name in the topic.

Skip needs to be banned here on SDN like he was on ValueMD.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
Sharky said:
I'd rather hide under a rock in the US then live on a rock.

Onmy, it is an opinion. Why do you get mad just because someone may not hold the same opinion as you. You should give up trying to shut me up and those who you don't agree with. Besides, I didn't bring this up again, skip did when he made a thread asking me a question with my name in the topic.

nabeya said:
Skip needs to be banned here on SDN like he was on ValueMD.

I didn't know skip was banned from ValueMD. It must be his trollish antics.

nabeya said:
Skip needs to be banned here on SDN like he was on *******.

Nabeya, you're a completely misinformed interloper. Why don't you mind your own business. Besides, I posted on the other forum AFTER you accused me the last time of being banned. Thank goodness the moderators here have far more sense than some of the moderators at the other forum... and YOU!

Get your facts straight.

-Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.