Hey x box freaks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Huge gamer here.

Not so much lately cuz well, I've been busy.:D

BUT,

question for you dudes:

If you had to select the top ten X Box games OF ALL TIME to put in a time capsule, WHAT WOULD THEY BE???

TOP TEN.

Twenty years from now I'm convinced they'll bring a five times today's purchase price, assuming they're unopened.

Soon I'll purchase a few large worth of X box games with no intention of opening them. Already have at least thirty unopened games that I consider premium games.

I'm very interested in what you think the top ten X Box games are, current day.

I've probably got 'em all, but I wanna know whatcha think.

CHIME IN.

Members don't see this ad.

Why did it have to be dudes, what about the dudettes? :L

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Mass Effect 2
2) Halo Reach
3) Halo 3
4) Fallout 3
5) Oblivion
6) Fable 3
7) Battlefield Bad Company 2
8) Borderlands
9) Gears of War II
10) Mass Effect

1) Mass Effect 2
2) Mass Effect
3) Bioshock
4) Fable 3
5) Dead Space 2
6) Dead Space
7) Borderlands
8) Rainbow Six Vegas 2
9) The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
10) The Orange Box

Well halo 3 of course, COD BLack Ops, Gears of war, BF2BC, and if you haven't I suggest you look at battlefield 3 trailer that was just released it looks amazing and is about 10 mins long. Defintley a must watch trailer, one of the best I've seen, up there with the last medal of honor-L. Park trailer

edit- here is the link to BF3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zw8SmsovJc

Last edited:
Halo 2 and Modern Warfare 2. I played battlefield 2 for about a day and hated it..

COD Modern warfare and Black ops are always fun for some serious sniping, grenade launching, helicopter thrashing, jungle and arctic commandoing.... etc, etc. Love those games. Black ops was kinda twisted and more evil than the other COD's but I still liked the carnage. Halo 2 for space commandoing.

Bioshock (the first one is better than the second). Insect swarm plasmid is prolly my favorite, but most plasmids are pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlsmU-uPqB0

For role playing and character development I like fallout 3 (new vegas was ok... but the original fallout 3 rocked!). I love the bloody mess perk... Blood and guts. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVSqnH8O64k&feature=player_embedded

Scary 1rst person shooters: Dead Space… man that shait is scary on a 70' plasma in the dark with no one home…. Doom 3 is also pretty fun and scary.

I go in bursts... don't play for a couple of months and then pick up a great game that i can't let go of until it's done. Currently it's GODIII... great graphics but not a 1rst person shooter. I think I'm a secret gamer at heart… Should I be embarrassed?:rolleyes:

Good games, but don't you want Xbox exclusive games?

Games that are virtually identical on other platforms won't hold near the value because you'll have multiple formats to choose from.

If you look at the market for vintage NES/SNES games today, the main determinant of market value is rarity, although popularity has some value. Although I don't think XBOX games will appreciate significantly, if I were to invest in them, I would seek out unopened copies of games that have recently ceased production (I don't know if such XBOX games exist).

Should you anticipate future demand for XBOX nostalgia, you might do better to invest in unopened XBOX consoles.

Best Xbox exclusive titles:
1)Halo Series (fav. Halo 3)
2)Mass effect series
3)Gear of War series (Fav. GoW2)
4)Fable II/III (Fav. III)
5)Forza Motorsport series

Not in any discernible order:

Modern Warfare 1
Black Ops
UFC 2010
Rockband 1
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Halo 3
Halo: Reach
Rockband 3 (just for the pro guitar mode)

The games that bring the largest amount of money are usually ones that were hard to find to begin with and kind of flew under the radar.

I had the original Suikoden that I bought from a bargain bin for 5 dollars. I sold it 10 years later for 120 dollars.

I'm kind of behind the games curve lately, but.....
Bioshock
Oblivion
GTA IV
Gears of War
Super Meat Boy
Red Dead Redemption
Forza
The Orange Box
Halo: Reach

Probably a few others...

I meant to post Medal of Honor instead of Battlefield 2.
Also, Stranglehold was awesome...Gun fu FTW

I just worked through Portal 2 on single player. Pretty epic IMHO. Best writing since Mass Effect 2. I may need to reconsider my top ten, and I have not started multi player.