Hey y'all: Advice with School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saskatche-1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Junior applying upcoming cycle; honestly, any advice will be greatly appreciated (I know little to nothing about applying)
Overall GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.66
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.63
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA:25 TS:24 PAT:25 RC:29 QR:23
State of Residence: Maryland

Major: Biological Sciences
Minor: Public Leadership
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No

Shadowing Experience: ~250 hours at 2-3 General Dentistry clinics
Volunteering Experience: 120-150 hours of non-clinical volunteering experience
Research: None
Other Extracurriculars: Teaching Assistant for chem, Co-founder of Dental Organization, Non-profit camp counselor, Intramural sports
Relevant Honors or Awards: Dean's honors all semesters
School list:
Maryland
Penn
Pacific
UCSF
T A&M
Michigan
North Carolina
UT San Antonio
Midwestern
SUNY Buffalo

Thanks again dental fam!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
All your stats are more than good enough. If anything I would say ramp up your volunteer hours. A lot of school like to see a good amount of community involvement and a lot of applicants will have several hundred hours or more. But that’s if they want to be nitpicky. As your app stands you won’t have any problem scoring interviews and probably won’t have any problem getting accepted. However, a lot of the schools are pretty prestigious and are some of the tougher schools to receive an acceptance so just make sure you are prepared for the interviews. Best of luck and I’m sure you won’t have any problems

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the advice. I'll look for opportunities ASAP

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely well above average DAT and above average gpa. You have a really good list, texas schools are VERY bias towards texas residents, but with your stats I would apply to TX schools as well. If you get in you will graduate with a very small amount of debt.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm hoping for the best, but whatever happens, happens
Definitely well above average DAT and above average gpa. You have a really good list, texas schools are VERY bias towards texas residents, but with your stats I would apply to TX schools as well. If you get in you will graduate with a very small amount of debt.