HHMI Research Training Fellowships for Medical Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brany

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here applied to this program? Do you know what are the significant factors that they take into consideration for acceptance? Any info would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone here applied to this program? Do you know what are the significant factors that they take into consideration for acceptance? Any info would be appreciated.
The search function is your friend. In fact, the thread below this one asks the same question.:idea:

The brochure says the recipients will be notified in march, does anyone from past years know if its early mid or late march?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering the same thing. I sent them an email, but never heard back. Anybody try calling?

How about the method of notification, email or snail mail?

I tried calling them, but it goes straight to their voicemail - Let us know if they responded to your email - Thanks

I think I was notified by the end of the first week in March or maybe early second week. The notification is by snail mail and some people said they also received a call. I did not receive a call though. Hope that helps.

I emailed them weeks ago, so I've given up that they will ever respond.....

The rumor I heard is march 19th, so a couple more weeks to wait.

As I recall I emailed to ask as I was going out of town and was emailed back around March 15th or so. I received an overnight FedEx package 2 days later with the official letter and everything.

Good luck to everyone!

I was told March 19 as well is when letters will go out. I wonder if they will be fedexed or regular mail....?

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean by "it's here!"

Good luck, also :)

When somebody knows if it is US Postal Mail or FedEx mail, will you please post, so I will know if I should be checking with the post office or FedEx (my mail is kind of crazy). thanks!

fedex on monday for cloister they said in the email

Has anyone heard from the research training fellowship for med students?

This does not include Cloister. It is a separate program.

I believe they do send out by fedex, but do not know. Anyone heard for sure?

I have heard from a reliable source that rejection letters starting going out on March 15 via snail mail (not fedex).

Got a rejection letter today via regular US mail. Postmarked 3/15. I'm in the Western U.S. Oh well. Good luck if you haven't heard anything yet.

Does anybody know what % of applicants get rejected/accepted? Just curious how competitive.

Curious if anyone got into multiple programs and is turning Cloister down for one reason or another?

69/200 is the number i get. About a third of applicants get the grant.

Yup, fedex overnight, received today (supposedly a delivery attempt made on Friday, but I didn't see the doortag). Good luck!

I received acceptance to HHMI Fellowship via FedEx on Friday (March 16th).

Good luck all!