HI 3 Year Accelerated PharmD Alumni. School Recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SportsLover21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELLO FELLOW FAMILY :)

I'm applying to 3 Year accelerated PharmD programs and I wanted to ask your opinion on which you would reccommend and why?

I have a narrowed down list of accelerated schools I'm applying to and I would really appreciate multiple perspectives/first hand experience before I make a final decision.

Sincerest Regards,
Noah :)

Members don't see this ad.

Stay away from MCPHS. Run Fast.

Reactions: 1 user
HELLO FELLOW FAMILY :)

I'm applying to 3 Year accelerated PharmD programs and I wanted to ask your opinion on which you would reccommend and why?

I have a narrowed down list of accelerated schools I'm applying to and I would really appreciate multiple perspectives/first hand experience before I make a final decision.

Sincerest Regards,
Noah :)
What schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Stay away from MCPHS. Run Fast.

This is why I'm glad I asked... that was one of the schools I was going to apply to. I have heard mixed reviews about that school which I find odd. Any insight or futher elaboration? Thanks again man

I heard UoP is great! But tuition is :(

Find the cheapest established school you can. Compare tuition and total costs for all 3-year programs and target the ones in the lowest price range. Univesity of Pacific had an extremely high tuition ($65k/year, and a little less in the 3rd year) so I would defintely avoid school when much cheaper ones are available. For example Roseman is around $46k a year.

Run a student loan payment calculator and estimate your payments and how they will effect your budget after you graduate. You will see that even on $120k/year salary student loans eat into the budget significantly. Compare this with the projected job market.

Reactions: 2 users
Holy crap my pharmD school was 14K/year
Yeah, and you're probably old as dirt.
images

Yeah, and you're probably old as dirt.
images
When I started in 2006, in-state tuition was $11K. Those starting this year is paying $21K. With the outrageous pace they are raking in tuitions, guess they won't be needing donations. **put my wallet away**

why not MCPHS?

for Californian applicant like me, every school seems very expensive since CA schools pretty much apply high tuition to instate applicants.

I applied UOP, Midwestern glendale, MCPHS, Roosevelt, Sullivan for 3 year schools. (considering applying to roseman if needed)

I am not only looking for accelerated program but if i have to choose any 3 year program, what would you guys recommend?

Find the cheapest established school you can. Compare tuition and total costs for all 3-year programs and target the ones in the lowest price range. Univesity of Pacific had an extremely high tuition ($65k/year, and a little less in the 3rd year) so I would defintely avoid school when much cheaper ones are available. For example Roseman is around $46k a year.

Run a student loan payment calculator and estimate your payments and how they will effect your budget after you graduate. You will see that even on $120k/year salary student loans eat into the budget significantly. Compare this with the projected job market.

Thank you very much! Your post brought up some great points. I definitely took tuition into consideration and distance from Michigan. My parents want me staying somewhat close/ find the clososest school to Michigan so I could drive home anytime or if they wanted to visit. I sent my application this morning. I'm pretty sure I'll go to Roosevelt or Sullivan most likely.

In the mean time, application finally completed, I'm gonna focus on my current senior year and see if I can still finish both my bachelors before Pharmacy school. Two bachelors at twenty one years old is a magnificent feat to accomplish. Just gotta finish these last two heavy course loads! Wish me luck :)

Indeed. and then change your MAJOR PRONTO. I cannot comprehend how anyone would be willing to endure tuition rates at these levels with the job market the way it is....Pharmacy school simply is not a wise economic investment and the students don't know how truly disposable they are once they join the workforce.......

Reactions: 1 users
why not MCPHS?

for Californian applicant like me, every school seems very expensive since CA schools pretty much apply high tuition to instate applicants.

I applied UOP, Midwestern glendale, MCPHS, Roosevelt, Sullivan for 3 year schools. (considering applying to roseman if needed)

I am not only looking for accelerated program but if i have to choose any 3 year program, what would you guys recommend?
Try Roseman Utah Campus