musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Not for me :( I work in the NYC school system, and Bloomberg will never give us a snow day. At least the kids probably won't be in tomorrow. Special ed school with really poor attendance on normal days means hardly anyone bothers to show up when it's nasty outside.

Chunkeroni

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
oh how i used to live for snowdays...but they were so rare!! but this "noreaster" sure has everyone freakin out up here.

About the Ads

miasapearl

10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
Pomona
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
We're also getting 2 feet of snow here tomorrow... but the chances of all classes being cancelled... not likely. *sniff*

phungus

10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
snow days dont exist in la, BUT there is no physics lab this week! :D

supervic8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hasn't happened in over 10 years, but we're haviong 2 consecutive snow days :p

About the Ads

Dr.Inviz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Not for me :( I work in the NYC school system, and Bloomberg will never give us a snow day. At least the kids probably won't be in tomorrow. Special ed school with really poor attendance on normal days means hardly anyone bothers to show up when it's nasty outside.

Dr. Garrison (Prez of my University) never gives us tornado or hurricane or ice days ...

gotta love it.

BitingPlates

Make the machine excel
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2006
Ohio
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
SNOW DAY HERE...shoveled the driveway and there is four ft mounds on each side, almost covers the mailbox.

alkapalka

i enjoy capsule stains
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2005
new york
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
wow so did they give you a new date? I hope you didn't have plane reservations. good luck

luckily no plane or hotel reservations because i live in new york....i have to call to reschedule a date with them...
stupid snow

supersash

so what's an epitope?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2005
NJ/LI
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
snow day for me too!

of course i should be doing some work, instead of bumming on the couch with SDN and tv....

miasapearl

10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2006
Pomona
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
We're ankle deep in snow and still no snow day. But then this is Maine... not surprised. Most classes are cancelled though, except for mine. It's so pretty outside. ^_^

P

pineapple

In NJ radioactivity melts the snow before it can hit the ground. :hungover: I haven't had a snow day in years.

*shrug*

No snow day for me! But my car is in the shop, so I can't go to school anyway! :laugh:

Marthea007

Not so Lil Murph Dog
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2006
Brownsburg, IN
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I just took the second half of the day off cause I didn't feel like being there anymore....

No really, it's true.

musiclink213

My room is a mess
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2003
New York
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Had to go to work today. Drove on ice. I don't understand, we havent had any snow this year, they have plenty of salt, yet even driving back from work the roads were a mess. What gives? Cars were swerving all over the place. And evne though not too many kids showed, not too many teachers showed either, which meant they combined classes, so instead of 5 special ed kids (who believe me, are a handful on their own) I had 15. There's not even enough chairs in the class for all those kids and the paras. It was like one giant free day.

thoredius

OMS III
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hello Captain, ka-ni-chew-ah. What's your MOS?

Actually, I am a Navy LT. I was in Kuwait in that picture, stationed with the Army. I am a Healthcare Administrator (Masters in Healthcare Administration from Wash U in St. Louis SOM). I am getting out, using all the Admin experience of running a hospital and the time (3 years) I spent sending docs to GMEs (Internships, residencies and fellwoships) to make myself a well-rounded doc. :)

dermpathdoc

DO Path
10+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2005
Pacific Northwest
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
No snow here in Okinawa.

Ah Thor,
I so miss Okinawa......so where are you posted???
Naha, Kadena??? One of the Marine Kamps???
Of course I was 14 when my dad was posted there....and the whole island was my playground( back in the late 60's)...loads diff there nowadays I expect

thoredius

OMS III
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I am in family housing on Camp Lester; the same camp as the hospital. Yes, the old hospital is still here; but it should be moving to Camp Foster by 2011. The Japanese have reclaimed (land-filled :) ) the land on the other side of Highway 58 (in front of the hospital), so it will look COMPLETELY different from when you were here. They now have an Applebee's on Kadena and Macaroni Grill on Camp Foster.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.