• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

hi every one

alkimista

May 12, 2010
  1. Post Doc
    i am anesthisiologist in latin america and i am going to live in england and i would like to work there, but i don't know what i have to do for do my papers there or where i have to go , i want to be anesthesioloist in england and i don't have any ideas, some one can help me ??? any information would be great, please !!
    thanks

shreypete

10+ Year Member
    Sep 28, 2007
    Ashkaban
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Well are you going there by yourself? or are you married to a UK citizen? If so, then it might be possible to actually get in. If not, then it's almost impossible.

Either way, you have to write the PLAB (parts 1 and 2; part 1 can be taken outside of UK while part 2 is only available in the UK.) Passing it will not however, entitle you to get into a training program. It merely gives you certification by the GMC, allowing you to work there. You have to just look for hospital vacancies, and try your luck applying in those places. The general order of preference in recruiting graduates is as follows:

UK citizens from UK medical schools >> EU citizens from EU medical schools >> non-EU citizens from EU medical schools > EU citizens from non-EU medical schools > non-EU citizens from non-EU medical schools.

Anesthesiology is apparently not as competitive as some of the other fields (mostly surgical.) But I'm still not sure if it would be possible for a non-EU citizen from a non-EU medical school to get in.

You can check out this website for more info.:
      http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/before_you_apply/imgs.asp

Good luck!

Last edited:

alkimista

May 12, 2010
      1. Post Doc
        hi shreypete
        thank you so much for your information, i person of the hunders, and i am married with a british citizen we have a son and we deside to live in england thinking in my son's future and i don't want to be a housewife, i have been student medicine for 10 years, that is my life, and i realy want to work in england as a doctor, i'm gonna try with my heart or death on the way.
        thanks again

About the Ads

bambi

10+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Aug 5, 2003
        England
        1. Resident [Any Field]
          UK citizens from UK medical schools >> EU citizens from EU medical schools >> non-EU citizens from EU medical schools > EU citizens from non-EU medical schools > non-EU citizens from non-EU medical schools.

Good luck!

This isn't true. If you have an EU degree or are an EU citizen you are considered exactly equal to a UK citizen with a UK degree. Also until recently the citizenship was the issue rather than where the degree was from, now both are equal.

cacophoniste

10+ Year Member
          Mar 20, 2008
          1. Medical Student
            actually I just got confirmation that EU citizen with EU MD is directly "fully registered" and can apply for F2 whereas a UK graduate with "only" MBBS (5 years instead of 6 for most EU MD) can only apply for F1
            So priority is not exactly the one expected...

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.