hi guys

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rams

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey i am a new memeber ,and pretty dissapionted with my score 84%

so what r my chance sof getting into a college if i get a good score in part 2:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by rams
hey i am a new memeber ,and pretty dissapionted with my score 84%

so what r my chance sof getting into a college if i get a good score in part 2:confused:

If your aim is to get a higher score, why dont you re-take part 1, you've done it once not too long ago ( i suppose) so you'll be able to easily up your scores in part 1, compared to part 2 which you will be taking for the first time..

Btw, WELCOME !

atually i am confused at this point.

i am ready to prepare for part2 now ,n see how i fare in it , apply to colleges n if it becomes necessary for me to increase my part1 scores then i can always retake it .

my gpa 3.32 and have work experience of 3 yrs so with a part 1score of 84% what r my chances will the work experience help to get into a good college.

what say u guys , pls reply:(

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally feel that you should retake part I because many schools have a minimum cut off for Part I (around 85).It'll be less time consuming to retake part I now rather than waiting for a later date.And what I have heard and felt,Part II is togher than Part I..
Rest is upto you..All the Best:)

actually piktooth..i dont have a work experience,and i wonder does that affect my admission chanses negatively?

Hi Dear join the gang..
I think if you are a good candidate and meet the requirements of the school..then work experience doesn't matter much..(coz even I don't have any work experience..).
I asked one of my seniors who has completed the IDP and is practising in california and he told me that the interview commitee basically looks for work ex in US(if any)any other country dentist reco doesn't help much..
All that we can do is wait and see..:)

thanx for replying guys
i know of a person witha score of 80% was called for the uop interview ,so is that very rare. n also one person with 84% .

u still think i will be wasting my time .well i can take my part2 for now , coz i am in no mood to take part 1 again. :(

Yep and all the best..:)

Originally posted by pinktooth
.... he told me that the interview commitee basically looks for work ex in US(if any)any other country dentist reco doesn't help much.....

Yeah, I sensed that too at the interview. They only asked me about my US letter, didn't even bother in lookin at the rest.

When you advice Rams to retake..
since he got 84%..
is it to repeat one section or all the 4 sections

my friend told me that you cant repeat one section unless you are a partial failure state....you have to repeat the 4 section exam in case of pass state.

But think it this way Rams...
More that one door will be open..

u are right toothlord....
if u have passed all subjects and want to retake it, u have to retake the whole exam. if u are a partial failure then u can take one or two subjects instead of repeating the whole exam.

rams, remember that a lot of univs do not ask for part 2. in that case, your part 2 scores are only secondary to all other parts of ur appli. to have a strong appli, IMHO, u need to have the basic stuff they ask for.
eg: if a univ says minimum score of 85 in part 1 is reqd to apply - then u have to at least have 85 in part 1. a 90 in part 2 wont help too much. so if u plan to take anything, i would say it should be part 1. u seem to have a fair gpa, a good amount of work experience. so in most aspects your appli is pretty strong.

btw have u thought about nyu?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi friends,

i was expecting in the higher 80's so pretty dissapointed with my scores, n yes i have 2 of my classmates in nyu . but i wanted to try in schools with 2yr programme. but now i very much doubt it.

Hi rams,
I know someone who got admission at UCLA last year.She had 84 in part I and 80 in part II.
Hope this might cheer you up..:)
regards,

Well retaking part1 will b a good idea,but if u hav made up ur mind to take part2 go ahead.i did tht too,but part2 results r more unpredictable (my opinion), even with a lot of preparation.

BTW can any1 tell me,if a person takes part1 again and gets less than his previous score ,will the best of the 2 be considered? or will it be the second one...

You can keep your second score only even if it is less than the 1st one.This is what scares me of retaking part-1.

hi ann03,
Only your latest part-1 score[2nd attempt] will be reported.the earlier score you had will no longer be valid.NO best of the 2 option,from what i remember reading in the ADA booklet.

i read in the part 1 bulletin that they will report ur old scores too but along with ur new scores. so they can see both old and new. do check this out in the bulletin or adda.org. am not 100% sure.

well thanx pink tooth it definately builds my hope when i hear of an 84% candidate getting into ucla , thanx.i hope i too get that lucky.
but for now i have pretty much made up my mind n goin ahead with part 2 .

thanx guys i feel good atleast there so many people trying to help in this site ,its really great.:clap:

My pleasure..:D
I would like to apply for the post of the unofficial shrink on SDN;)
Hee hee..just kiddin'
take care,