Hi, I need general questions on the OAT , Please help

Apple_Pie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,

Can anybody tell me

1) how long does it usually take to study for OAT ?

2) How long in advance do I need to register for the OAT test ?

3) How do I study for it. Should I take the Kaplan course, and is that enough or should I need to do some other things ? and is Kaplan a good option ?

4) what is the minimum OAT score I need to get if I have a GPA of 3.05 to 3.1 ?

I will appreciate it if anybody can help me.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Apple_Pie said:
hi,

Can anybody tell me

1) how long does it usually take to study for OAT ?

2) How long in advance do I need to register for the OAT test ?

3) How do I study for it. Should I take the Kaplan course, and is that enough or should I need to do some other things ? and is Kaplan a good option ?

4) what is the minimum OAT score I need to get if I have a GPA of 3.05 to 3.1 ?

I will appreciate it if anybody can help me.

Thanks

1. I have been studying my butt off everyday for the past month, and I don't take the computerized OAT until August. I just think everyone is different. I am taking the Kaplan course and I really was confident in my biology, physics, chem abilities, but to me it seems like the questions they are asking seem to be the small exceptions to the rules or some vague concept that I don't remember, so that is why I am studying so hard now to try to learn all of the exceptions and such.

2. signing up for the oat isn't bad because if you go to opted.org (I think) then you can either sign up online or call their 800 number. You can sign up for the last written or the computerized version.

3. each school is different for what they are looking for in an OAT score. I personally believe anyone who has a 300 or above has a chance to get in, but obviously the higher the better.