HICP's new building

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnUNLV

No longer brainwashed...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As some of you know, HICP is currently located at a temporary campus in the Bank of Hawaii complex. Construction on our new building is scheduled to break ground in May, 2005. It will be the highest and most technologically advanced structure in kapolei. For those of you who don't know, Kapolei is supposed to be the "second city" behind only Honolulu in terms of industry, commercial and housing. The traffic and population congestion in and around Honolulu has become unbearable so ten years ago they proposed this "second city."

The campus will spread over 3 acres, rise 11 stories and consist of over 220,000 square feet. It will have five levels of parking, an entire facility devoted to student available residences, and four state of the art stadium-style classrooms.

The classrooms will take up floors six through nine, each with approximately 9,000 square feet and enormous projection screens. Students will have magnetic smart cards instead of ID cards which will be used to track everything from security to attendance to our account balance with the copy and vending machines.

The first floor will consist of various retail stores, restaurants, a fitness center, coffee shops and an HICP bookstore.

This massive building will be the cornerstone of Kapolei for years to come. However, the construction will not be complete until June, 2006. Which means us first year student will not be able to enjoy the benefits. But some of us will be coming back to teach and become faculty, I know I will be, so I cannot wait to see this beautiful creation.

(Information obtained from the "Tiger Shark Tribue", HICP's school newsletter)

John

Members don't see this ad.

bbmuffin said:
Attendance?!?!?!?
That really sucks.

your school doesnt have attendance? or certain 'contact hours' you need to have for ACPE? We have a certain number of contact hours which are mandatory, so therefore attendance is mandatory

John

Members don't see this ad :)
No we do not have mandatory attendance
Occasionally we will have "minute papers" where they ask us a question or two and we write it on a piece of paper along with our name and turn it in.
These are used for credit in the class, extra points, consideration if you're close on grades etc.

I have never heard of 'contact hours' and i've been here for a while....

The only required hours I'm aware of those required for internship. In my state, 1500 hours of intership are required.