Hidden Medical School fees

Started by redtomate
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

redtomate

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else get mad when they see all the "fees" they must pay in addition to tuition? In addition to tuition, there are "service fees" "general fee", "health service fee", "academic facilities fee", "IT fee"....It's almost a slap in the face given that MS3 and MS4 have to pay tuition when they are largely not even in a classroom.
 
Easy response. Don't donate once you've become a multimillionaire doctor. If they treat you wrong, you should treat them the same. This way, they learn.
 
Easy response. Don't donate once you've become a multimillionaire doctor. If they treat you wrong, you should treat them the same. This way, they learn.


You really think most doctors become multimillionaires? 🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You really think most doctors become multimillionaires? 🙄


Its possible, but I guess with the medicare cuts this year it may become impossible to do, so one would be better in investing in themselves first. I guess I've had a few years in the golden years, so I guess I better brace myself.
 
Its like buying airline tickets; once you add the fees and taxes its a whole different number.

This goes across the board in college education. Universities charge whatever they want and have no obligation to show where the money is going.

The upsetting thing is that these fees really skew the numbers. Universities get ranked by tuition, but fees are not always included.